Gator RSX 850i?

Nike

May 19, 2014
I'm looking hard at one of these and was hoping to get a few real world reviews on the thing. I really like it for its features but can't seem to find many out there.

How is the motor and trans holding up in these things?

Is the piggyback fox shocks on the sport model worth the $1,700 price increase?

And issues I need to be aware of?

Stotz

May 20, 2014
RSX’s are great machines. The Piaggio Motors hold up very well and no there have been no significant Transmissions problems I’m aware of.
The piggyback Fox Shox are worth every penny.
There are no issues to be aware of. Just drive it and keep up on the maintenance.

Stotz

May 20, 2014
30" tires. There is no speed governor on the RSX, 53MPH is where the gearing maxes out when it hits the rev limiter with the stock tire size.

Nike

May 19, 2014
I did not realize that. What is the stock gearing? 4.0?

Everything I have read indicates that this machine pulls large tires well. I'm pondering a small bracket lift and 29-30in tires as I ride mud/water quite a bit.

I don't see many aftermarket products out there from our supporting vendors?

Stotz

May 20, 2014
I don't know the ratio. There are after market parts, suspension and chassis -Magnum Off Road, seats-PRP, Exhaust-Big Gun, Accessories- Assault UTV

Nike

May 19, 2014
Picked it up today! Green and yellow sport model!

Still breaking it in but after riding the demo at the dealer I'm in love w the power

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I test drove one in Ocotillo and was very impressed. I hammered that thing and through sandy wash corners and whoops it took it all. The acceleration was great and that engine sounds pissed.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Its ironic John Deere makes a bad ass sport sxs, and Yamaha is clamoring over farm mobiles still......nuts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000