Fuel Station Problems 2005 Toyhauler

Cowboy Rhino

Jan 6, 2010
I bought this trailer four months ago and I filled the fuel tank up two months ago. I have used the fuel station several times and today I tried pumping gas and no luck. The last time the pump worked but took a few seconds to start pumping but it worked. I tapped on the pump several times and nothing. Does anybody have any ideas? Has anybody ever pulled one of these pumps apart?

Thank for your help.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Dan (dkiewicz) Just rebuilt his a couple of months ago and if I remember right he has parts numbers depending witch one you have. I'm sure he'll post up but if not maybe give him a pm. He was saying something like the gears swell up and you can take them out and sand them down and put them back in but I would get it straight from him, hope this helps

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
I need to drop my tanks and coat the inside of them or put on a good filter setup. I had a problem with my streetbikes fuel pump pick up sock clogging from all the rust in the gas I was using from my toyhauler.

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
Dan (dkiewicz) Just rebuilt his a couple of months ago and if I remember right he has parts numbers depending witch one you have. I'm sure he'll post up but if not maybe give him a pm. He was saying something like the gears swell up and you can take them out and sand them down and put them back in but I would get it straight from him, hope this helps
My WW fuel pump stopped working, so I took it apart (it is really easy just unbolt the cover, only a o-ring and the plastic gears) so I replaced the gears... and it did the same thing two trips later. Finally sick of messing with it, I pulled gears out and filed the gears and sanded. Have not had a problem since.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
The rebuild kits for the new Plastic Gears is like $13. But you can fix it real easy by sanding your gears down since they swell up from the fuel. I have yet to se a pump go bad yet, just swollen gear sets.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I need to drop my tanks and coat the inside of them or put on a good filter setup. I had a problem with my streetbikes fuel pump pick up sock clogging from all the rust in the gas I was using from my toyhauler.
what do you use and how to coat the inside? is it easy? sounds like great idea.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
This will fix you up.
Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Fuel Station Repair/Rebuild
There's also a link on that page to the parts you need. $15 plus $18 shipping!!!! I got a new set, and put them in. I took the old ones and sanded them down. I think the spec is .750" and I went to .748" with the old ones which will go back in when these swell. I wanted the new ones to get the measurements from.

Just take a sanding screen and a flat surface and rub the gear in a circular direction on the screen. It takes some pressure, but be sure to keep checking with your micrometer so you don't over-do it.

Hope that helps!:)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
The rebuild kits for the new Plastic Gears is like $13. But you can fix it real easy by sanding your gears down since they swell up from the fuel. I have yet to se a pump go bad yet, just swollen gear sets.
the ethanol in the fuel is doing this, get some marine Sta-bil it is rated for use with ethanol fuels. (It is Green vice red).

Ethanol is hard on boat motors, lawn mowers, low cost pumps etc...

for the tanks, you can add two stroke oil or Marvel Mystery oil to it maybe 150:1 this will leave an oil residue in the tank and slow the rust build up, and also leave the tank as full as possible.

Cowboy Rhino

Jan 6, 2010
Thanks for all the help, I will work on this next weekend and let you know how it turns out. Then I am off to working on the Onan generator with a leaky fuel filter. I am going to smell great at the end of the day.

Cowboy Rhino

Jan 6, 2010
the ethanol in the fuel is doing this, get some marine Sta-bil it is rated for use with ethanol fuels. (It is Green vice red).

Ethanol is hard on boat motors, lawn mowers, low cost pumps etc...

for the tanks, you can add two stroke oil or Marvel Mystery oil to it maybe 150:1 this will leave an oil residue in the tank and slow the rust build up, and also leave the tank as full as possible.
Who sells the Green Sta-Bil, I looked today and only found the red?

Thanks for all the help.

Cencalrzr

Jul 27, 2010
Wow, my 2008 WW fuel station just quit working this past weekend. Awesome thread, i'll give it a try this week and see what happens.

Thanks
andy

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
what do you use and how to coat the inside? is it easy? sounds like great idea.

Dunno never done it before. I know POR-15 makes a gas tank sealer restorer. Reading the instructions they have online makes it seem easy but a bitch to do with all waiting and timelines for prepping them. If I only had one tank I'd probably do it but my trailer has two tanks. a 15 gal and a 30 gal.

I'll probably end up just puting on a dual filter set up on it and change the filters once a season. Seems so much easier and I'm sure the tanks are thick enough that they will never rust through or at least not for years to come which will be well beyond the time I own it.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Funny thing mine just did the same thing.. something else to fix.

ketywary

May 28, 2014
I think the problem which you are facing is pretty normal. It does a lot of effort to sort out the problem. My son-in-law also face the same problem, few days ago. No wonder, after many unsuccessful attempts to problem persist. At last, he had to take help from professional fuel tank leak detection professionals. The people were more than happy to help him.

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
My pump station has done this twice in 6 years. I just pull the cover plate off the pump, and pop the gears out. A light sanding of the gears, pop em back in and all is well.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
My pump station has done this twice in 6 years. I just pull the cover plate off the pump, and pop the gears out. A light sanding of the gears, pop em back in and all is well.
Yep that's all there is to it. The gear set swells from the fuel and they bind up. I could make those out of aluminum and end this problem forever but not sure if theres a possible spark and fire issue if I did that. I really don't think they would make a spark inside that case. and after all of the shitty fuel we have they would be coated with varnish they would be insulated in a week. LMFAO

sconym

Aug 30, 2012
If it us a Great Plains pump (most of them are) get the model number and call their customer support. This is a well known issue. They have sent me replacement gears free of charge twice.

grumpysrzr4

Godspeed John Berry - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Feb 22, 2011
Huntington Beach
there great people , they sent me new gears all so no charge. but remember to sand ends down. just a couple strokes. pump works every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000