''FRIENDS ''

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL

The above pix is a place in Frazier park , if you look close you can see the trail switch backing up and down the mountain . A challenging trail to say the least , but UTV's make short work of it . Unless you get to the top and take out half of your front end :eek:

Ya I was day dreaming and by the time I seen the rock it was to late and ''BAM '' AND FOR ABOUT 20' I was thinking all was ok but Nope , the RZR started to feel a little problem with my steering . I called the others on the radio and said I might have a problem , then got out of the car and found out that I was f#$ed and was not driving out on my own power . The group cam back and the loving jokes were being passed out . I think I heard a ATC joke and he did it again and I'm glad my ice chest is full because will be here a while .

After a little time we started to get a plan going I't took about six of us and a hunter walking by to get it in to the short bus .

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Always nice to have friends to bail you out! I've been there a time or two... Just last week my brother broke his steering rack in the middle of the dunes... That was fun to get out of there ;)

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ok so now the plan was to send some of the group to go to camp and bring back a trailer and we would get it back that way .But of course we needed to get it off the hill and now we had a 20' UTV to get down those switch backs :eek:

Well we got it down with me spotting and Slackers driving skills . Got to the staging area and waited just about 20 min. and here comes the Calvary which we were in radio contact the all the time. Now to get it on the trailer .

It was the end of the weekend so we tied both cars down as the came off the hill and off to Slackers shop in Bakersfield 100 miles from my house .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Always nice to have friends to bail you out! I've been there a time or two... Just last week my brother broke his steering rack in the middle of the dunes... That was fun to get out of there ;)
Yes , it is fun in a way but better when it's not your car . LOL

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I called around for the part ( bottom right arm ) and had a friend that thought he had one ( Larry ) but he didn't and found one with another Friend ( Cisco ) that lives down by palm springs 90 miles away from me . So to get the RZR back at my house on Saturday I drove downs to Cisco's house where he was working on his old new truck (it's going to be bad ass ) spent a few hours with him and was able to help him a little with his truck which I was happy being he wouldn't let me give him any thing for the part (thanks Papi )
My house

his house 2hr's away

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Rich, we need to put one of those rock-guards on the front of your rzr, like the locomotives have! That way it should push all the big rocks outta your way.....just sayn ;)

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ok now that I have the part I would meet up with Slacker at his shop in Bakers field 100 miles north of me on sunday . I arrived at his shop and he was replacing a drive shaft on his ranger crew nicked SHORT BUS. I glad I had got there early because I was able to give him a hand .

As you can see if a shop has a crane you are obligated to use it to keep in in good working order . :D

I know it was a long story that some will just never read but I means a lot to me to know I have meet a group of people just in the last couple years that I which have my back and I there's ''Always''.

Grumpy,rzrcsi,dunerat, wattman,trukendave,larry ,slacker clan and Cisco YOU GUY'S ROC !

Last edited:

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I'm working on a solution for you Rich. I don't want you to lawn dart like Dave does. Don't forget to mention your kind Short Bus recovery the previous day, thanks again for that. This is a great group we have isn't it?

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Yes , it is fun in a way but better when it's not your car . LOL
lol for sure. Bringing your broken rod to camp was way more fun than bringing my broken rod to camp:D:D

It seems like the sun will not rise tomorrow when your own wheeler is broke but it's a fun challenge when somebody else breaks:D:D

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
lol for sure. Bringing your broken rod to camp was way more fun than bringing my broken rod to camp:D:D

It seems like the sun will not rise tomorrow when your own wheeler is broke but it's a fun challenge when somebody else breaks:D:D
Ya, that's what I meant . I wounder if there's a friends story out there from the Russian .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I'm working on a solution for you Rich. I don't want you to lawn dart like Dave does. Don't forget to mention your kind Short Bus recovery the previous day, thanks again for that. This is a great group we have isn't it?
''Yes''

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
You should explain the Russian dude. C'mon....you were willing to spend the night with him, so lets hear it ;)

On a side note,
I am grateful for all the LF peeps and especially to those who have sacrificed their time for all the Adopt A Trail work recently.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Great thread, and nice recovery guys! That's what our sport is all about right there, friendship. Love the crane, gonna have to get me one of those for the shop!:D
It might have been a little differnt story the day be for the short buses pipe came apart at the head . I towed him out and he went home and got the part and a little welding and was back just after dinner time or is that just before drinking time . :D

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
You should explain the Russian dude. C'mon....you were willing to spend the night with him, so lets hear it ;)

On a side note,
I am grateful for all the LF peeps and especially to those who have sacrificed their time for all the Adopt A Trail work recently.
That story is just to long, you know how many times I used spell check for this one . Will just save it for the campfire and see how many versions we can get and it was ''you''' that couldn't stop staring when he was bare chested .

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Only Rich and Dave will ever know the truth of what really happened on the mountain on that dark cold night. Jim and I do know however that you two and the Russian were gone long enough for us to be a bit concerned about you guys. It did seem longer than would be needed for a vehicle recovery, just sayin............ I don't really know though...........

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
It cracks me up every time Sharon tells the story of the Russian appearing out of "nowhere" in the middle of their social group in full camo and an "AK47" :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000