Friend lost a father today.......

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
God Speed to Rog's dad who went to meet his maker earlier today. I haven't spoken to Rog yet, but his wife called this morning and gave the unfortunate news. I don't know if Rog's dad believed in Jesus Christ as his personal savior or not, but I sure hope so. Please keep Rog and his family in your thought and prayers.

ChaseThisToo

My Other Car is a Class1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
So Cal
Same here buddy.

If he was half as nice as you he was a great guy.

He's in the Chase families prayers

Jeepinbeav

Leave It To Beaver - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Goodyear Az
sorry to hear for the loss Rog I know the feeling i lost my grandmother last week and my friends son passed away tuesday from luekemia he was 8 years old. My prayers go out to you my friend

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Thanks Peeps,

My dad had just turned 68 at the end of January, he had a liver failing since Thanksgiving, and as of late he could not eat, and it finally took its toll.

Rodney Stokes was an avid outdoorsman, he liked Camping, Hunting and Fishing with a passion. he was also a motorhead at heart, just like many of us he liked to go fast and work on motors and taught me many things as fathers do.

He also loved kids, they always put a smile on his face, when at family gatherings, all of my cousins would always rush to see their uncle Rod.

He was the Eldest Son of four kids and grew up in Wisconsin most of his life and times were hard, as he helped raise his siblings with my Grandma. he was the one the family turned to for help when needed and was always there for them and anyone else, he was always that way, first to lend a hand where needed but would hardly ever ask for it himself, a Pride thing I think.

He was also a Navy Veteran, and was very proud to serve this great country , and I followed in his footsteps there myself.

He is survived by two sisters, a brother, my mom, my wife and I, and my daughter.

We will miss him

Rog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000