Fried Amp?

caffiend

Feb 8, 2009
Glendora CA
A couple of weeks ago, on a ride from Silverwood past the T6 bridge we did a stream crossing of about 2ft deep. Ipod was rockin the whole trip till then! My EFX amp is mounted under the drivers seat and was completely swamped. Half way thru the stream NO tunes.:mad: I figured it fried the amp, but every once in a while sound would crackle thru for a couple seconds, then go away. Same thing is happening at home in the garage now. Am I screwed? Can the amp be salvaged? Where is a better mounting spot? I already have a second battery under the hood, between the upper frame rails. Just not sure where I can move it to.

caffiend

Feb 8, 2009
Glendora CA
My current amp is twice the size of the glove box. If I can find a 400w 4 channel that would fit, that would be a great spot. Should the plastic be reinforced some how for the weight bouncing around? Shiat, where am I gonna put my gloves now? It never ends.....

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Get one of those waterproof center console boxes to replace your glove box...you will want to mount your amp in the glove box, dont let it flop around. They do have amps small enough to push our speakers and still fit in the glove box....I see it all the time.

Whats in your bed? Is that an option?

caffiend

Feb 8, 2009
Glendora CA
The bed would be nice but we've got a rear seat. glove box sounds good, I guess I'll start looking for a new Amp. I wanted to clean up my wiring anyways, it looks like an octopus screwing a bowl of spaghetti.

SSVworks

Feb 2, 2009
www.ssvworks.com
Doh... I can help you trouble shoot a few things if you'd like. If the amp is the cuplret and it's our system, your covered under our 2 year warranty. Send er on back for a new one ;).

Lemme know.
818-991-1SSV (778)

Trevor

Reactions: 2 people

caffiend

Feb 8, 2009
Glendora CA
Doh... I can help you trouble shoot a few things if you'd like. If the amp is the cuplret and it's our system, your covered under our 2 year warranty. Send er on back for a new one ;).

Lemme know.
818-991-1SSV (778)

Trevor
Trevor, yes it is one of your systems and yes I could use the help trouble shooting this thing. With any thing electrical "I am sofa king we todd did."
And just for steppin up, REP point comin at ya.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000