Fox Shox dilemma

Rad Richi

Jan 7, 2011
Cardiff by the Sea
Looking for a little help & information... I entered my XP4 in the "show & shine" at camp RZR. I received a prize certificate for a "complete set of Stage 3 upgrades for RZR shocks (all 4 shocks) " The only problem is... my xp4 came with Walker Evans Shocks and the certificate is offered by Fox Racing Shox.........
I have been in contact with Jeff Gruhlke @ Fox Racing Shox he has been trying to help me out with my dilemma.
It looks like my best options are
1 upgrade to FOX 2.5 podium X shocks at a discounted rate...still a lot of $$$ out of pocket:(
2 buy some used XP900 shocks and have them upgraded per certificate.
3 sell my certificate to someone that can use it...
now for the advice part...
1 Will the xp900 fox shocks work on the XP4 900 ?
2 Are the Fox podium X shocks a lot better then the Walker Evans?
Thanks for any help......Rich

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
XP900 shocks will work but will need to be completely re-tuned for the XP4. The Walker Evans shocks are great reliable shocks. The fronts are 2.0 bodies which saves weight on the front end. The Podium X shocks only advantage over the WER shocks are that you can fine tune them with the DSC and rebound dampening adjustments. BUT, if they are not valved for your car and riding conditions those adjustments will not fix bad valving.

Shocks are only as good as the person valving them to your needs.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
There are plenty of take off Xp shocks for sale. Ide buy a set and take advantage of what you just won. Then you will have a fully set of adjustable shocks for your car AND STILL have a set of Walkers you can easily sell and make a profit on this deal:D

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
The Fox Podium X uses the bottom-out control, nice feature...WERs are great...If your happy with your setup, I'd sell the certificate to someone.

Rad Richi

Jan 7, 2011
Cardiff by the Sea
One of the reasons I went to the show was to talk to WER because I was having problems bottoming out and every now and then the front slamming down hard. Randy with WER was great explained what I needed to do to improve my ride including adjust the ride hight of my rzr as it was sitting 1.5" lower then it should be.... Haven't made the adjustments yet but will before next ride.
Before my xp I had the 2011 RZR4 and I really liked the Fox Shox set up in fact I dont think I touched or adjusted the shocks for the first year... not the case with the Walkers.
I kinda want to go for the Podium X but It doesn't feel much like a win if I need to shell out $$$ to benefit from my prize :confused:

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Where i was going with MY opinion was you could sell your walkers to buy a set of Foxes. Or trade your WER for Fox and then utilize your gift

Rad Richi

Jan 7, 2011
Cardiff by the Sea
Im with you on that If I had a buyer for the WER shocks.... done deal I just not sure how easy it will be to sell them?
And thanks to everyone for your input I appreciate it very much.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000