Forced air helmets

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Hi guys,
I am just a weekend rider looking to get a forced air system in the future. I was wondering if there would be a huge difference between a side air helmet compared to a top air helmet? Would I be able to do a side air helmet and just install a skirt on the helmet? Also wondering how well the side air helmet and skirt would work for keeping the dust out? Thank you for your help and any guidance on this

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i have a Pyrotect side inlet helmet with a skirt. It takes some getting used to the hose weight on the helmet. Also i dont like the air flow noise blowing into my left ear with the side inlet.

I have never used a top inlet, so i cannot comment on the differences.

i use my setup in the sand only when i am not leading, i keps the sand out of my eyes for sure, just a pita to hook up hose and communication plugs when you want to go out for a ride.

i have a MX helmet with sunvisor that i end up wearing more than my pumper helmet.

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Thank you for the information
I ride a lot in the sand and desert just a pita to put on my mouth and nose cover than the helmet than the goggles and than hook up my wire for communication

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I have and use both. I will say, the top mount inlet is much better in terms of keeping the hose out of the way. I like it much better. However I feel like the air from the side mount travels better to the lens. Both work well!!

Look at both PCI and Rugged for some awesome play style blown & wired helmets!

Reactions: Simi Dude

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I have both and like the top mount a little better because I feel like I have better head movement... Defintely try on multiple styles, my hjc i got from rugged is most comfortable helmet I've owned

Reactions: Simi Dude

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Thank you Joey and Garret. Really helps to get everyone's opinions . I was thinking just spend the extra money and get the top air. Helmets usually last a very long time so it will pay for itself in the long run. Trying to save some money to buy a set up at the sand show this year. I already have PCI set up in my car so really looking at their stuff

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Quick question if anyone knows. If I order a protect helmet can I put in a ear piece and mic also do all air hoses fit all helmets

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Reactions: Dudeonit

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Update on my project received my helmet and installed the PCI race air. This is really cool. I can't wait to go out and use it all. Thank you everyone for the reply. It really helps with all the feedback from people with experience.

Reactions: Dudeonit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000