Flex your R/C's **Show em off!**

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
bought the low model sc10 with the brushed motor to see how i would like it... LOVED IT since then i have bought the LRP short course brushless combo motor/esc, two orion 5000mah 35c lipos, RPM front bumper, RPM ball heavy duty ball caps, team associated factory blue turn buckles and a new proline raptor f150 body... haha the wife hates it.. but i plan on doing alot more to it :eek:

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
DAMN the Raptor body looks hard!!! I need some ideas to G my SC10's out. These things are way more sophisticated than the Slash.

Brian, my SC10 seems slow out of the box for a brushless. Do you have to set the throttle on the controller or program the speed control or something? Maybe it was just cause the Lipo battery I had in it was small? Any info?

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
DAMN the Raptor body looks hard!!! I need some ideas to G my SC10's out. These things are way more sophisticated than the Slash.

Brian, my SC10 seems slow out of the box for a brushless. Do you have to set the throttle on the controller or program the speed control or something? Maybe it was just cause the Lipo battery I had in it was small? Any info?
To be honest I got lucky and didn't have to set mine, so I haven't got into throttle settings, what gearing you running? I have a 10.5 turn motor and gearing is 23pinion stock87 spur, it gets on it pretty good setup like that

A good lipo helps to, i noticed a huge difference with my new battery... is yours a 2s?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I havent bought any batteries yet. I used one that Danny had at the shop. I havent even peeled the plastic off the truck yet. I just drove it down the driveway. It seemed slow to me? Its a bone stock SC10 Brushless with the 3300kv Brushless motor. I have no idea on the gearing

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
ya the stock brushless motor is a peice of crap, my buddy bought the stock brushless one to, ended up switching to a castle mamba max pro and his car is stupid fast!!!

look into new motor/esc combos... i went with LRP but castle makes bitchin stuff to

tim07

Aug 3, 2009
Chandler ,az
Be careful with that 23 pinion. That will run your motor way to hot. I have really good luck with a 16 or 17 pinion with a novak 10.5 motor

tim07

Aug 3, 2009
Chandler ,az
It will shut down, but it does shorten the life of the motor and speed controller. If you cant touch the motor for more the a couple of seconds after you run it, its to hot.

BigD's Upholstery

Apr 7, 2010
Phoenix AZ

Joey check to make sure your radio throttle is turned all the way up,this may fix your problem.Also a good 2s lippo does help!Leave the gearing alone it will help the motor last longer.Unless you change to a different motor and esc.

BigD's Upholstery

Apr 7, 2010
Phoenix AZ
Also you guys running a SC10 add 3oz of lead weight to the back of the chassis under the foam block behind the battery,then put the foam block back.Your truck will handle like never before.

Flashgordon

Aug 31, 2010
Here is most of my collection, this used to be my hobby before the RZR, not to mention the truck load of stuff I have to maintain these things! Tires, starter boxes, chargers, spare parts etc.....
My pride and joy is not in the picture, my original 80's Tamiya Bruiser, I put the manual and the trans in the pic since it is being rebuilt. I have all the original parts for it except for the body.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000