First time entry for V2R !!

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
I will be racing V2R for the first time this year and any suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated!! Two drivers will be sharing driving duties... Would like input on drivers change locations, pit ideas, ideas for spares and anything else. I know exact map and pit locations aren't out but any past strategies would help

noceros

Jan 22, 2011
Folsom Ca.
Prep way before the race (my 1st mistake)test & tune
get sleep before (race start is 1.5 hrs from hotel) utv's start at 6 am - we were asleep at 11 up at 2
Expect the unexpeted
navagater got sick at 200 mile mark (1 hr loss)
replacement nav sick 60 miles later (1hr loss)
trophy trucks caught us at 240 mark (at least 1 hr loss- kept pulling over)
gps loss the coarse 200 mark, got stuck in a wash (1 hr loss)
got out of wash and blew belt 1 hr loss (should have taken 15 min, but so tired from wash also 109 deg)
drivers floor board filled with silt 2 times 1 hr loss (11 at night & 12 silt beds from hell after trophy trucks) be sure to seal your cab.
lights are important
we left at 7 am (we were staged at 5:30) got in at 2 am
you'll need 2 pit crews mainly towards the end
are you in sr1 class? Rich

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Prep way before the race (my 1st mistake)test & tune
get sleep before (race start is 1.5 hrs from hotel) utv's start at 6 am - we were asleep at 11 up at 2
Expect the unexpeted
navagater got sick at 200 mile mark (1 hr loss)
replacement nav sick 60 miles later (1hr loss)
trophy trucks caught us at 240 mark (at least 1 hr loss- kept pulling over)
gps loss the coarse 200 mark, got stuck in a wash (1 hr loss)
got out of wash and blew belt 1 hr loss (should have taken 15 min, but so tired from wash also 109 deg)
drivers floor board filled with silt 2 times 1 hr loss (11 at night & 12 silt beds from hell after trophy trucks) be sure to seal your cab.
lights are important
we left at 7 am (we were staged at 5:30) got in at 2 am
you'll need 2 pit crews mainly towards the end
are you in sr1 class? Rich

Rich what a blast last year was out there. Heckling with you for HOURS on the course. We pass you , you pass us, Hope to see you out there again this year

noceros

Jan 22, 2011
Folsom Ca.
Yea Casey we ate so much of your dust, tried to catch you on the lake bed only hit 80mph (no compression in the engine) that problem I'm fixing right now. we finaly backed off after the the lake bed - couldn't see a damn thing. seems like we going hah haa got em then sh#t there they go at ieast for 200 miles. too much fun.
We won't make v2r this year (I'm between houses all my stuff is packed). Hope to make at least 2 races next year (we need more sponsers) cost so much for a privatier.
saw the start of the mint you guys had the fastest utv off the line

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000