Kawasaki first ride review of my T4

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
wow is all i have to say.

started off with 1.2 hours on the clock and ended up with 7.1 hours and 80 miles od pure enjoyment.

we met another couple for a day of riding at Four Peaks in AZ. We rode to the top of the mountain then down the back side to Roosevelt Lake and back.

With two adults and two small children the T4 rode very smooth over the dirt road and i dont see any need to even adjust the shocks for this terrain. I did notice body roll in the corners that was a little hard to get used to. The power steering was smooth and it was effortless to turn this short bus. i one-handed it most of the day and my buddy in his Rhino said he was fighting the steering in his ride. I had him try it out to see what power steering was all about and he was even more dissappointed in his trusty old Rhino.

it was a great day in the desert and i love our new T4. now i need to order up some Rugged Radio headsets to add to my single car setup i have and leave this turd alone! i am going to drive this UTV not modify the living be-jeebus about of it like my past builds. Keep It Simple Stupid will be my philoshpy.

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
glad to here you had a great time with your new machine. i am looking at a t4 as well for the family, i know it can't hang whit a rzr4 xp but how do you think it compares with a rzr 800.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
glad to here you had a great time with your new machine. i am looking at a t4 as well for the family, i know it can't hang whit a rzr4 xp but how do you think it compares with a rzr 800.
I would say the t4 has a better throttle response. No wind up, just blip throttle and it goes. Much more low end torque. Seating is completely different, t4 is more upright like driving a minivan.

It's a very easy to use family desert toy. Easy to strap the kids in and plenty of cargo room for a cooler.

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
I would say the t4 has a better throttle response. No wind up, just blip throttle and it goes. Much more low end torque. Seating is completely different, t4 is more upright like driving a minivan.

It's a very easy to use family desert toy. Easy to strap the kids in and plenty of cargo room for a cooler.
That's what I was thinking. It's the more practical family UTV that still has lots of cool features and tons of potential. I am sure if you dump 5 more grand into it it may even be close to a rzr4 xp and that's about the cost diff. I am so torn but I think I am leaning toward the t4.

Thanks for your input.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
A regular 800 rzr4 has got more power, suspenstion and lower center of gravity than a T4. The XP4 is just plain silly with power suspension etc... But, costs an arm and a leg. The T4 is priced extremely reasonable compared to the others. I like the T4's doors and back seats though.

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
T4 is going to be way more reliable and IMO a better built machine than the polaris. But I am obviously bias owning a Kawi. Either way I am sure buth the t4 and the xp4 are a ton of fun.
Thanks for the write up

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
At first look the quality of the t4 is much better than my rzr 800.

For desert trails the t4 is perfect for me. Much cheaper and great torque.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Got to love these T4's! I am having a blast building mine and I can't wait to put it to the ultimate test in Moab in May. It is an amazing machine for trails and is a total overachiever in the dunes. Still hate to see it compared to the RZR 4 XP cause its apples to oranges but the T4 definitely holds its own in all categories!

BTW Mike, I will try to get those bead lock rings out to you this week. Sorry for the delay.

mattn03

Mar 31, 2012
KY
Thanks for the review. I'm entertaining the ideal of the blue EPS model myself. How could you secure a child seat for a 3 year old? Is it safe to do this?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the review. I'm entertaining the ideal of the blue EPS model myself. How could you secure a child seat for a 3 year old? Is it safe to do this?
Yes there are lots of bars to attach a ratchet strap to. Just run the ratchet straps through carseat then to the bars under the seat.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
for us a t4 only makes sense. im 6 foot 7, my wife and oldest daughter are 6,1 and 6,2. we dont fit in the xp4. my knees hit the dash in the rzr and cam am. and no tilt steering in the rhino. teryx are very comfortable for us. all models. i even fit in the back seat of the t4.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Here's some pix of the t4 that came out to the waterfall ride and did very , very well in the tough stuff, but it did have long travel .

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Never talked to the owner about that but it was the smoothest car in the pix below ,being drivers skill , tires , LT or just luck it climbed like it was glued to the rocks . I was spotting 5'' away and was very impressed .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000