All UTV's Fire Suits

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
nuff said.

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf?lang=en-US"></param><param name="flashVars" value="shareUrl=http%3A//video.yahoo.com/yahoosportsbloggers-25772688/autoracing-25772701/fiery-crash-ends-in-heroic-rescue-26836947.html&browseCarouselUI=hide&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&lang=en-US&vid=26836947&repeat=0&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf?lang=en-US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="shareUrl=http%3A//video.yahoo.com/yahoosportsbloggers-25772688/autoracing-25772701/fiery-crash-ends-in-heroic-rescue-26836947.html&browseCarouselUI=hide&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&lang=en-US&vid=26836947&repeat=0&"></embed></object></div>

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
its all a part of the game. just be prepared. the fire protection clothing is a given. make sure your vehicles are built and prepared well. plan all of your plumbing wisely, fuel and coolant.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
It's not so bad if you don't freak out......keep your wits about you, unhook everything quickly and if you have time, grab that fire extinquisher! :) The firesuit gives you a couple of extra seconds that non-fireproof gear won't give you.

BTW.....I would recommend SFI gloves, too (get some cheap ones on clearance). I have seen MX gloves melt pretty damn quick.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
It's not so bad if you don't freak out......keep your wits about you, unhook everything quickly and if you have time, grab that fire extinquisher! :) The firesuit gives you a couple of extra seconds that non-fireproof gear won't give you.

BTW.....I would recommend SFI gloves, too (get some cheap ones on clearance). I have seen MX gloves melt pretty damn quick.
Well said C -dub! :)
I got some Ringers SFI gloves from the UPR trailer at Vegas to Reno a couple of years ago for $60. I have about worn them out, but WAY safer than moto gloves.
Lucas (HDRA) here on UTVUG sometimes has hookups on safety gear. Also check the 'garage sale' section on the UPR safety site for good deals. And finally go on the classified section of Race Dez and people are always selling off their helmets and race suits after they get over their 'Dust to Glory' fantacy. :rolleyes:

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
My biggest worry is that I'm paralyzed from a motocross wreck and cant really get in and out on my own. I'm looking into some self releasing fire extinguishers and mounting them by the engine and gas tank too.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
My biggest worry is that I'm paralyzed from a motocross wreck and cant really get in and out on my own. I'm looking into some self releasing fire extinguishers and mounting them by the engine and gas tank too.
They are required in most road racing organizations...so standard fair..range from $300-1500 depending on complexity and which fire retardant used. I have seriously thought about adding one (with pull switch on the dash) as I too have been upside down with my quick release belts bound up because my weight is against it... and knowing I cant reach a standard fire extinguisher.. I too wear a 3 layer suit and SFI gloves...yes they are hot.(and why Im so slow ;) .but the peace of mind is worth it...

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Well said Amos ^^^
A lot of the full sized dez rigs run one of these flame out systems. Typically they have a 5 to 10 lb tank of high zoot fire retardant with multiple nozzles. Most people put a nozzle right next to the engine near oil lines, another right next to the fuel cell and another in the drivers compartment...all activated with a T-handle pull mounted on the dash.

Check out this one... Fire Bottle Fire System - 10 Lbs. - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
They are required in most road racing organizations...so standard fair..range from $300-1500 depending on complexity and which fire retardant used. I have seriously thought about adding one (with pull switch on the dash) as I too have been upside down with my quick release belts bound up because my weight is against it... and knowing I cant reach a standard fire extinguisher.. I too wear a 3 layer suit and SFI gloves...yes they are hot.(and why Im so slow ;) .but the peace of mind is worth it...
Well said Amos ^^^
A lot of the full sized dez rigs run one of these flame out systems. Typically they have a 5 to 10 lb tank of high zoot fire retardant with multiple nozzles. Most people put a nozzle right next to the engine near oil lines, another right next to the fuel cell and another in the drivers compartment...all activated with a T-handle pull mounted on the dash.

Check out this one... Fire Bottle Fire System - 10 Lbs. - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop
Looks like that's the direction I'll be going, thanks guys. Some would say it's a little overkill for a utv but it's better to be safe

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Looks like that's the direction I'll be going, thanks guys. Some would say it's a little overkill for a utv but it's better to be safe
Definetly not overkill,especially in your situation.Its also a good idea for those who can to practice getting in and out of your car with full gear on.It will help keep you from panicking if something bad were to happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000