Kawasaki Filter Project

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
So I finally got around to getting this thing installed along with an A/F gauge. I'm using one of our (AMSOIL) EAAU induction air filters (you can see the inverted cone in the first pic...more surface area). I'm so tired of cleaning and oiling the stocker!!!! The filter is a dry nanofiber that never needs oil and when it is dirty you either vacuum it out or blow it out using low pressure air (20 psi). The nanfiber is 50x more efficient than wet gauze (K&N/AFe) @ 0.8 micron and the media holds 15x more dust. The service life is 100k miles. I'm also using a pre-filter (AMSOIL) that is treated with a hydrophobic water repellent process to help prevent moisture from damaging air filter. Since the filter is dry, no oil can transfer to the pre-filter to trap dust/dirt and disrupt air flow!

I designed an adapter to fix the stock air box, that seals up against it with an o-ring. The air filter is then attached to the adapter. This eliminates any possibility for dust/dirt getting by the filter in the box. The inside of the adapter is radiused to form a velocity stack from the 3.5" filter opening into the 3" stock opening. My hope was to eliminate any air disturbance (don't know of a way to check it!)

Got everything back together and re-jetted. I'm running a lid on (two TPI valve) config. and so for it looks like I need to adjust my needle to lean it out a bit. My mid range is way rich...might move clip from #2 to #1.

Once I put some miles on this way, I plan on removing the top and seeing what gains that will give me (I was tired of jetting this week (and it was 113 today), so that project will wait till next time). Also going up in altitude next weekend, so I'm curious to see if removing the lid will allow me to run better (and not be too lean)

What do you guys think???

az_amsoil

Jan 22, 2009
Sure thing...Ultimately I'd like to get it on a dyno to see the real gains.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Do you have that filter in a 2-1/2" opening? or maybe 3"?

az_amsoil

Jan 22, 2009
Do you have that filter in a 2-1/2" opening? or maybe 3"?
I have some 3" ID, but not in the 6" length...The one I'm using it the maximum I could fit into the stock air box without any mods (besides the adapter). It is 6" base OD; 3.5" Flange ID; 6" Media Height; 5" top OD

The others I could get in 3" Flange ID would all be 6" base OD then:

9" Height; 5" Top OD
5" Height; 4" Top OD
5" Height; 5" Top OD

PM your e-mail and I can send you a pdf file with the sizes available.

I also run this same type of filter in my truck...threw away my K&N!!!

az_amsoil

Jan 22, 2009
Nice, will I be able to run one of these on my RHino?
Hmmm...not sure if it would fit in a 660, plus you'd need a cuatom intake stack. I haven't looked at a 700 to see. The biggest hurdle is the adapter. Anything is possible! What are you thinking?

Unleashed UTV

UnleashedUTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 24, 2009
Desert Hills AZ
I have some 3" ID, but not in the 6" length...The one I'm using it the maximum I could fit into the stock air box without any mods (besides the adapter). It is 6" base OD; 3.5" Flange ID; 6" Media Height; 5" top OD

The others I could get in 3" Flange ID would all be 6" base OD then:

9" Height; 5" Top OD
5" Height; 4" Top OD
5" Height; 5" Top OD

PM your e-mail and I can send you a pdf file with the sizes available.

I also run this same type of filter in my truck...threw away my K&N!!!
I need some info on those filters also. Could you bring some by the shop or email me some please??

az_amsoil

Jan 22, 2009
I think I got it dialed in as best I can. Running a Dynojet #138 front and #140 rear. 1 1/2 turns out on the air screw and moved dthe needle clip to #1. The main jets and idle run around 12.3 - 12.8, but the needle is still rich at around 10.8 - 11.4. This config is two TPI valves (full open) on the lid. Anyone know where to get different needles????

When I get back from the weekend I plan on tuning it with the lid off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000