fight...........

kingck5

Bad Habits - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
pomona cali
March 24, 2009 – The Sequoia National Forest in California has published a notice of intent to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Giant Sequoia National Monument Management Plan to address objects of interest sited in the Presidential Proclamation that created the Monument. Scoping began on this project in January 2008 and this notice extends the scoping period for the EIS. The Sequoia National Forest Land Management Plan had several requirements for OHV and other trail use, which may be affected by the Travel Management Rule and is altered by the Proclamation. The Monument Plan will determine recreational road and trail use through the EIS analysis process. Sequoia National Forest states that the EIS will emphasize developing access points in coordination with gateway communities and other agencies to provide clear, welcoming entry into the Monument. The EIS may also focus greater emphasis on providing access to the objects of interest and providing more opportunities for traveling on loop trails or roads.

Comments on the scope of the EIS will be accepted until May 4, 2009. It is important that OHV enthusiasts get involved in the designation process by contacting Forest staff. Comments should be submitted online by clicking link below or by mail to:

Marianne Emmendorfer
Project Leader
Sequoia National Forest
1839 South Newcomb Street
Porterville, CA 93257

Additional information found online:
Submit comments and view public meeting schedule
Original Federal Register notice

For further information, please contact Marianne Emmendorfer, Project Leader, at 559-338-2251, extension 313.

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
Tell-a-friend!

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Americans For Responsible Recreational Access.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

J.T.

Terror-X #1 in my mind
Jan 16, 2009
VIsalia Ca.
If I read this correctly they would be "opening up" areas in teh Sequioa NP for UTV and ATV access? that would be the SHIZnet. as I travel up there as often as I can

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000