Feature Vehicle: RJ Anderson's XP1K3 Polaris RZR XP Turbo

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Very Cool!

I know it is dorky but i love the XP1K3 Shift Handle haha!!

One Question: 1) is the roof scoop functional or just for looks? I know on the desert cars they run it into the intake or the clutch cover but didn't see any lines on this build. Looks cool either way.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Very Cool!

I know it is dorky but i love the XP1K3 Shift Handle haha!!

One Question: 1) is the roof scoop functional or just for looks? I know on the desert cars they run it into the intake or the clutch cover but didn't see any lines on this build. Looks cool either way.

It's actually a cutting brake. Shifter is on the other side of seat now.

Roof scoop is more for looks. Idea with it and passenger side door scoop was to get more air into the cab mounted turbo intercooler.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
makes sense now that i look at it, figured the handle by the door was cuttin brake but in rzr you only shift once so might as well have brake more accessible. Either way i think it is cool lol.

thx for reply

700Mulisha

Mar 4, 2009
So why the stray away from the XPT stock engine--seems pretty close in Hp with an EVO ECU flash ( stage 3 is 35+ HP ) unless that K&T / Muzzy engine is 200 RWHP . Either way it woul be bad@## but just curious to the switch or maybe throw the big dog Z1 engine in if swapping. BTW Can't wait for the video looks sweet.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
just as with the XP1000 when they released the video, the machine had not been introduced yet, there were no aftermarket parts available yet, nobody had been into the XP1000 engine, there were no clutch kits available, there was nothing available to allow them to have a super awesome build.

same with this setup. the XP-T is brand new, when they built this machine i assume last month, because they were shooting the last week or so, the machine was so new, all you could buy for it was a cage and suspension. the engine and trans and clutches were all brand new. EVO hadnt released a flash yet, Queen still didnt even have a machine yet, there just werent any parts available to make the machine cool and fast and fun. the new clutches are so new, there are no springs or weights available, there were no cool upgrades to the engine. there is no way to make a super cool bad Ace ride with a machine that hasnt been released because there is no aftermarket company that had seen one or had one at the time they cooked up this idea and built this machine.

in the XP1K vid they used all XP900 parts, engine and drivetrain.

in the XP1K2 vid they used all XP1000 parts because there was an aftermarket available

in this XPT vid they used all XP1000 parts because there wasnt anything available for the XP-T yet. the cool billet clutches they are using.... not available for the XP-T yet. the cool aftermarket intake and turbo system..... not available for XP-T as of the build. just no way to build a machine when nobody has had their hands on one to make aftermarket parts. better to use something everybody knows and can make parts for.

thats just my thoughts on the situation.

Reactions: JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Spot on. While we always have access to the platforms early it's so hard to trust everyone we would need to involve from electronics to internals to just send new platform motors out and not risk the chance of a leak. So we stay with what we know is developed. With that said, we always know we can trust the guys at Holz, Muzzys, K&T etc, but then we have to send stuff out to be made, that's a risk we don't want to take as it pertains to leaks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000