Excerpts from the JoeyD Build Thread........

UTV Mayhem

UTVMayhem DVD Series - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 26, 2009
I tried to hammer deals out with both the Pro Shop and Benchmark who are both 2 bad azz shops as everyone knows. But the deal Weller and I wrapped up is huge and the motor even huger!!!!!! STROKER!!!!
yeah ive seen that motor at olds. well sitting and cooling off.LOL

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009
Re: JoeyD Rhino Build

..........you saw my motor sitting there cooling off?
they run hot unless its got extra cooling and oil cooler. is it a 727 or 734? how big you going? they are fast but IMO not the best dune setup. pure race power though!!!! that was a hidden dig at mike from our summer run after he beat mark, he beat him but then had top let it cool down after 1 run, hes got it dialed now though.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

they run hot unless its got extra cooling and oil cooler. is it a 727 or 734? how big you going? they are fast but IMO not the best dune setup. pure race power though!!!! that was a hidden dig at mike from our summer run after he beat mark, he beat him but then had top let it cool down after 1 run, hes got it dialed now though.
Its neither.......I am going for reliability #1. This is a FULL motor build not just a top end.....720 to be exact. We are doing the full deal bottom end and top end. Combo of play and power. Not trying to win any races just want to be able to motor the station wagon around and go faster than stock when I am solo!!!

I will be excited to run it up next to some of all your motors to see how it compares!!!

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009

Its neither.......I am going for reliability #1. This is a FULL motor build not just a top end.....720 to be exact. We are doing the full deal bottom end and top end. Combo of play and power. Not trying to win any races just want to be able to motor the station wagon around and go faster than stock when I am solo!!!

I will be excited to run it up next to some of all your motors to see how it compares!!!

me too cant wait!!! sounds cool...

shonuff

"Kiss My Converse" - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
murrieta

the weller stroker motor is 719cc's.

its a bad azz motor and pretty reliable. i know some of their bigger motors get hot super quick but this one should work perfect for joey's rhino.

good job joey cant wait to see it run bro!!!!!

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...

yeah ive seen that motor at olds. well sitting and cooling off.LOL
thats funny that you base wellers off of one motor that you have seen run-Mikes.
there are plenty of weller cars out there that spank your car and do it all day long with no cooling issues.

congrats Joey- wellers know how to build some bad ass shit! but oh course I dont have to tell you that.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

I am confident in Weller and their motors. Seeing them perform for years and all the good things I have heard I have nothing but the upmost excitement and respect for what they are capable of doing with a motor and particularly my motor. I have a feeling my family wagon will be able to put some spankings on a lot of 2 seat 686's!

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009

thats funny that you base wellers off of one motor that you have seen run-Mikes.
there are plenty of weller cars out there that spank your car and do it all day long with no cooling issues.

congrats Joey- wellers know how to build some bad ass shit! but oh course I dont have to tell you that.
learn how to read humor.....

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009

Is this Blake?? Just making sure....the 720's AND 760's don't usually run hot - I don't know why you would say that? My 720 was one of the best duner motors I ever had....for that matter, the 760 I have now was an awesome duner - has been extremely reliable through some serious dune pounding and a number of hard races already - and it doesn't run hot (unless you want to call 170 degrees all day, in 90 degree temps hot!).......

Making blanket statements about a motor kit can be misread and misinterpreted by many - and that is unfortunate.....

Joey - your 720 will be awesome. One of my favorite motors ever.......... :)

Last edited:

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...

Is this Blake?? Just making sure....the 720's AND 760's don't usually run hot - I don't know why you would say that? My 720 was one of the best duner motors I ever had....for that matter, the 760 I have now was an awesome duner - has been extremely reliable through some serious dune pounding and a number of hard races alread - and it didn't run hot (unless you want to call 170 degrees all day, in 90 degree temps hot!).......

Making blanket statements about a motor kit can be misread and misinterpreted by many - and that is unfortunate.....

Joey - your 720 will be awesome. One of my favorite motors ever.......... :)
yep that is blake-

unless its a proshop 686 it isnt any good.

proshop has built some good motors too- for my personal knowledge- is anyone running them on the track and winning?

Last edited:

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009

talk about mtn out of a molehill, all i was trying to do was give mike a lil hard time playing around... not weller but MIKE and in jest of course.. WOW is all i have to say... everyone take a deep breathe .... its gonna be OK. can i go back to loading my bikes for OW now? is everyone gonna be ok? sheeesh

UTV Mayhem

Feb 26, 2009

I can but I also can read repetitive, redundant and annoying :D
ok im done with you, dont speak my name anymore... your off my radar! always startin poop!! ill make sure to think of ya while riding in OW today!!! and as for the pro shop, of course i rep my sponsors, i dont look for new ones every month......

Last edited by a moderator:

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...

talk about mtn out of a molehill, all i was trying to do was give mike a lil hard time playing around... not weller but MIKE and in jest of course.. WOW is all i have to say... everyone take a deep breathe .... its gonna be OK. can i go back to loading my bikes for OW now? is everyone gonna be ok? sheeesh
that a boy; back pedal. :D Mikes not even on this site that I know of.

have fun Blake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000