EAST COAST PLEASE

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
I HAVE BEEN READING AND DROOLING OVER ALL THE RACING THAT TAKES PLACE OUT ON THE WEST COAST. I WOULD LOVE TO RACE A UTV SERIES OTHER THAN GNCC STUFF WE HAVE OUT HERE. THE NEW SR1 CLASS IS SICK AND MAKES ME WANT ONE JUST TO SCREEM AROUND THE LAKE BOTTOMS IF NOTHING ELSE. I HAVE HEARD A RUMMOR OF A MX RACE IN GEORGIA BUT IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO BUILD A CAR FOR ONE RACE A YEAR AND A GNCC CAR WOULD BE TERRIBLE ON A MX COURSE. I AM A DAD NOW AND THIS JUST MAKES SO MUCH SINCE TO STAY SAFE AND SECURE AND HAVE MORE FUN THAN A BIKE ANYWAY. IF ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS TO SOME RACING OVER HERE OR NEEDS SOME HELP TO GET A SERIES STARTED I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP OUT. I AM IN TN SO I AM KIND OF CENTRAL LOCATED SO LET ME KNOW. I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS CLOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED AS WELL.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST AND YOU WEST COASTERS HAVE FUN WHILE WE WAIT ON THE WAVE TO COME OVER HERE. I WILL BE IN PALM DESERT AROUND MARCH 13 FOR A WEDDING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A RACE THAT WEEKEND CLOSE TO THERE LET ME KNOW I WOULD LOVE TO COME VISIT.

THANKS FOR YOU TIME

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
There is a Lucas Oil Race in Elsinore the weekend of the 6th and 7th of March! Go out a week early - this is the best series on the West Coast, and you will see the SR1 class run! :)

Also, hit up the Tilted Kilt Pub if you are in Palm Desert - great beer, good eye candy and yummy food! :)

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
DON'T WORRY, IF THE SWAP IS DONE THEY WILL BE CALLED. I HAVE A RZR NOW FOR THE TIGHT WOODS OF TN BUT I AM LOOKING FOR A USED RHINO (FRAME IS ALL I NEED) FOR THE SWAP.

THANKS FOR THE INVITE TO THE RACE AND THE TIP ON THE HANG OUT. I WILL HIT UP TILTED KILT FOR SURE BUT CAN'T MAKE IT OUT A WEEK EARLY DUE TO WORK. HOW CLOSE IS PALM DESERT TO SOME COOL RIDE SPOTS? I WOULD LOVE TO GO HANG OUT I HAVE THE WHOLE DAY ALONE BECAUSE THE WIFE WILL BE DOING WEDDING STUFF. (NOT VERY FUN FOR ME) LOL.

gochenour322

Mar 20, 2009
mid west
DON'T WORRY, IF THE SWAP IS DONE THEY WILL BE CALLED. I HAVE A RZR NOW FOR THE TIGHT WOODS OF TN BUT I AM LOOKING FOR A USED RHINO (FRAME IS ALL I NEED) FOR THE SWAP.

THANKS FOR THE INVITE TO THE RACE AND THE TIP ON THE HANG OUT. I WILL HIT UP TILTED KILT FOR SURE BUT CAN'T MAKE IT OUT A WEEK EARLY DUE TO WORK. HOW CLOSE IS PALM DESERT TO SOME COOL RIDE SPOTS? I WOULD LOVE TO GO HANG OUT I HAVE THE WHOLE DAY ALONE BECAUSE THE WIFE WILL BE DOING WEDDING STUFF. (NOT VERY FUN FOR ME) LOL.
check out www.maoraracing.us the are holding short course utv racing that is NOT xc .You just missed Indy monster jam it was a blast. also check out www.mwraseries.com they are also running utv races in the midwest.

stealth

Dec 5, 2009
So, what are GNCC races like? How long are the races? What are the biggest utv classes? How many utv's show up at a race? What are the safety requirements? fuel cell , cage etc??? Out west you have short course or long desert races geared for buggies. There really isn't anything in between the 2 extremes for the average guy who wants to race his weekend 4 seater. Thats why I want to know what GNCC is like. I think it falls somewhere in the middle.

gochenour322

Mar 20, 2009
mid west
So, what are GNCC races like? How long are the races? What are the biggest utv classes? How many utv's show up at a race? What are the safety requirements? fuel cell , cage etc??? Out west you have short course or long desert races geared for buggies. There really isn't anything in between the 2 extremes for the average guy who wants to race his weekend 4 seater. Thats why I want to know what GNCC is like. I think it falls somewhere in the middle.
Gncc are 1 hour long, tracks are 5 - 10 miles long and are tight woods with small obsticals and steep slick hills gnccracing.com. maoraracing.us also has enduro racing on sun after sat short course . the races are about 2 hrs over a lengthen track. There is also midwestxc.com who are holding rounds of utv with quads and bikes . and the badlands in attica Indiana is also hosting utv trec races once a month in the summer . So I think the midwest stuff is really starting to pick up .

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
GNCC max utv width is 60". You do not need a fuel cell. There are 4 different classes. Around 60 utv's at a typical race. It is a big event with all the manuf. represented there. It is the cream of the crop XC race series.

stealth

Dec 5, 2009
Thats what we need on the west coast. 1 or 2 hour races, manufacturer support, etc. UTV's aren't really designed for supercross/ motocross type tracks without alot of mods and they aren't really fast enough for 5 hour desert races. So where do we race? We need a series like gncc that is geared for utvs. You could build a desert utv but it will cost so much, you might as well buy a race buggy, We need something like the GNCC format out here. I think it would take off.

gochenour322

Mar 20, 2009
mid west
Thats what we need on the west coast. 1 or 2 hour races, manufacturer support, etc. UTV's aren't really designed for supercross/ motocross type tracks without alot of mods and they aren't really fast enough for 5 hour desert races. So where do we race? We need a series like gncc that is geared for utvs. You could build a desert utv but it will cost so much, you might as well buy a race buggy, We need something like the GNCC format out here. I think it would take off.
Does WORCS race utvs ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000