Duramax Diesel Performance

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Hey guys.... for everyone that has Duramax trucks and need any performance parts, tuners, whatever.... check out my site www.SikDMAX.com. If you see something you need thats not there let me know and I can get it for you. Ill cut UTVUG members a fat deal if you let me know youre from here.

Its in the beginning stages right now but more products are being added daily.

Thanks!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Hey matt, I have a 05 dmax with banks pda six gun exhaust and afe intake. I get lots of codes etc..... anyway what tranny upgrades do you suggest?? How about intakes??

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
As far as Trannies Wayne theres only 1 way to go - Mike Lovrich of Inglewood Transmission

Hes in Fullerton now.

Inglewood Transmission Tell him Matt Frank SIKDMAX sent you.

Id highly recommend the Stage 4 Suncoast kit with new converter. Thats what I have and it handles 500hp/1000tq allllll day long, and will be what I have when my motor builds done at 950hp/1600 ft lbs.

It was about $4300 through Mike, installed.

Danny hit me up if you want some pricing.... killer deals on PPE stuff right now - best handheld programmer for the Duramax hands down!

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
That is awesome Rugged Radios! I have an 03 LB7 w/86,000 miles now that has been an awesome DD and tow rig even with the 38"s. My dad got an 07 Classic LBZ before they went DPF that has been great so far as well. I am a big fan of the Dmax/Allison and will be sure to let you guys know when I need some more goodies!

Double Trouble Hooks

Dorian's My Name, Pimpin DTH's is my Game - UTVUnd
Jan 15, 2009
thats a really good installed price on the Suncoast tranny and i agree its the best way to go, there are a few more out there that are good too, but thats probably the best going.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
What about the new California smog laws? You have to smog your diesel if it's 1999 and newer. CA sucks for these pussy laws.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Cool, I'll keep you in mind, I have a 08 LMM and am thinking about installing an Edge Evo Race and a turbo back 4in with DPF Delete. Getting sick of that damn regen mode wiping out my mileage.....

I'll contact you when I'm ready, gotta get a few more miles on it before I wipe out my warranty...

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
You had more restraint then me.... My LMM was tuned the 2nd day off the lot :D

Of course, I blew the motor apart at 20,003 miles too LOL
Oh believe me, it's hard not jumping on tuning and exhaust sooner, especially when that thing goes into regen with a quarter tank of fuel left and it suddenly shows on "E"...

What tuner are you running? I've looked at PPE, Edge and several others, but have heard the new gen Edge EVO Race is the hot ticket right now when only doing the exhaust and maybe a TransGo Jr....

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I have custom EFI LIVE tuning done by me - but thats not for the average guy. PPE makes really great stuff IMO. Ive heard mixed things on the Edge EVO.
Yeah, I looked at the EFI Live, with tuning by Idaho Rob. He has had quite a bit of success with it, but I don't think I want to mess with the hp gains that's capable of, don't want to spend a fortune changing out trannys and installing lift pumps yet... I have a guy here in Farmington, NM that is running a 1200hp setup with wayyyy too much money spent in it. He has Diesel Underground here and keeps trying to get me to dual turbo it with all the goodies...
I just need to get rid of the DPF and get a little more performance, mainly so I can outrun my ex-wife's SRT8 Challenger..*L*

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Aaaa, I see. I was on the Duramax forum awhile back and it was being discussed about his new engine coming back from machining and being near that.
But I think just a mild 135-200hp tune would be plenty for me. I'll keep you in mind though.

MQUnlimited

Jan 31, 2011
SoCal
www.facebook.com
I have a '04 and have a Predator programmer, AFE/Volant intake, Banks intercooler, and self-made 5" straight through exhaust (No PDF, cat or muffler). I dynoed at 450hp/790 ft/lbs in full race mode. I want to get a larger turbo but I hurt my tranny and need that rebuilt first.

When towing my 40 footer, in "tow mode" I get about 12-15 mpg. not towing, highway I get roughly 20-24 mpg depending how I treat the go pedal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000