Dunaway Ride Report

chad59

Mongloid Paw - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Well who is to say that good intentions aren't sometime STOMPED:mad: Scmo777 Set up a ride for a large group of the forum members to meet up at 10:00 am at the Dunaway exit of interstate 8 West of plaster city. We had a great turnout From Teryx's to Quads, all eager to hit the trails. We headed west on the south side of the interstate 8 for around 10 miles through some pretty nice desert terrain the Long travel cars were gettin busy;) everyone met up at the Octotillo Wells Texaco to top of the fuel and eat a few Bean and Cheese Burritos (insert name here) thanks. and we were off again crossing under the interstate to West Superstition down some awesome really fast washes, but really dusty. (Note to self get a rear LED). we came up to a cool railroad water tower and everyone stopped for some beverages. then off again thru some more washes and then some good hardpack trails to Another highway (insert name here?) were I guess we crossed onto state parkland:confused: thru some more fast washes and some technical trails to a high point in the canyon were we all stopped again to get out bearings. A couple cars decided to take the round about way back thru the canyon, and the rest of us backtracked at about the time we reached the CA hwy again a ranger had a few of the front cars pulled over. where he proceeded to give all 10 of the remaining cars tickets:eek: bummer. all in all it was a fun ride with great people and I met some new folks all who were friendly. Thanks Shannon, But you owe us one!!!;) And thanks UTVunderground for giving us the forum. Chad.

Attachments

chad59

Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
and last but not least the "Ranger Danger" experiance :D Guy was cool even took the group shot!!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sw_ZQgc7o[/ame]

Attachments

Last edited:

chad59

Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g78tszASkaU[/ame]

Last edited:

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Dam that looks like fun , but hey you have to stay on the north side of the 8 for the most part , the last time i went out on the south side there were a ton of signs stateing hwy linc veh only, we were givin a warning. got lucky i guess. cool vid and thanks for postin !

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
For all who showed up thanks for the support of the ride, It was fun until we got handed our tickets, has anyone had to deal with the court system on the state parks side? How much are the tickets? Any info would help.:mad: For all you guys and gals that came from out of town I do apologized for this mishap.... gues we should have ziged instead of zaged.

Chad thanks for all the cool vids and pictures, it was good to meet all of the peeps on the ride, next time we will be more cautious.

Dave hope all went well with you and your wifes baby birth, thanks for maken the ride.

Ride ON:D:D

Jul 23, 2010
If that is the worst thing that happened today, it was a good day. I'm ready for the next one.

Last edited:

chad59

Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Dam that looks like fun , but hey you have to stay on the north side of the 8 for the most part , the last time i went out on the south side there were a ton of signs stateing hwy linc veh only, we were givin a warning. got lucky i guess. cool vid and thanks for postin !
The lame part is 2 of us had AZ street legal cars and he said it dont count in CA:confused: found this say possible $125.00?
Laws and Safety
form the Rhino Forum.
http://www.rhinoforums.net/glamis-s...-az-street-legal-rhinos-ca-please-read-4.html

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
The lame part is 2 of us had AZ street legal cars and he said it dont count in CA:confused: found this say possible $125.00?
Laws and Safety
form the Rhino Forum.
AZ Street Legal Rhino's in CA!! Please Read - Page 4 - Yamaha Rhino Forum - Rhino Forums.net

What the heck , that dent count , how can it not. if your ride is legal i would say he has to be mistaken. either way it stinks to have to go to court to deal with it. Keep us posted on your end result , this is very interesting

xxx

Aug 30, 2010
san deigo
that definatly looks like a good time! too bad you got rolled,but it looks like fun anyway.too bad there wasnt posted signs... i guess your just supposed to know?i wouldnt have known ,maybe dispute it ? good luck. thanks for the pics! unfortunatly in ca. we cant street legalize a utv...i would dispute it anyways.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
For all who showed up thanks for the support of the ride, It was fun until we got handed our tickets, has anyone had to deal with the court system on the state parks side? How much are the tickets? Any info would help.:mad: For all you guys and gals that came from out of town I do apologized for this mishap.... gues we should have ziged instead of zaged.

Chad thanks for all the cool vids and pictures, it was good to meet all of the peeps on the ride, next time we will be more cautious.

Dave hope all went well with you and your wifes baby birth, thanks for maken the ride.

Ride ON:D:D
Thanks the baby decided to stay in so still waiting, but I'll check later this week on the tickets. Might be a good idea to look up that trail and the blm trail he took us too since they were only 50 yards apart and how easly we could have missed it;);)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
What the heck , that dent count , how can it not. if your ride is legal i would say he has to be mistaken. either way it stinks to have to go to court to deal with it. Keep us posted on your end result , this is very interesting
nope, they are not street legal in california.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
The law is pretty murky in this area, you can get plated as a Slow Moving Vehicle as long as you have all the Street legal stuff and on a road with a speed limit of 45 miles per hour or less! Many towns and cities will allow you to lic your ride like a golf cart etc. Worth a look;)

wrong, 25 mph

V C Section 24615 Slow Moving Vehicle Emblem
Slow-Moving Vehicle Emblem
24615. It is unlawful to operate upon a public highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles, which is designed to be and is operated at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, unless the rearmost vehicle displays a "slow-moving vehicle emblem," except upon vehicles used by a utility, whether publicly or privately owned, for the construction, maintenance, or repair of its own facilities or upon vehicles used by highway authorities or bridge or highway districts in highway maintenance, inspection, survey, or construction work, while such vehicle is engaged in work at the jobsite upon a highway. Any other vehicle or combination of vehicles, when operated at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, may display such emblem. The emblem shall be mounted on the rear of the vehicle, base down, and at a height of not less than three nor more than five feet from ground to base. Such emblem shall consist of a truncated equilateral triangle having a minimum height of 14 inches with a red reflective border not less than 1 3/4 inches in width and a fluorescent orange center.

This emblem shall not be displayed except as permitted or required by this section.

Amended Ch. 287, Stats. 1971. Operative May 3, 1972.

Jul 23, 2010
Got my letter in the mail today saying the bail is $275 . And even if I intend to plead not guilty I still have to pay the $275 and will get a refund if I am found not guilty hahah. So I guess we are guilty no matter what as of right now being that we have to pay no matter what.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
wrong, 25 mph

V C Section 24615 Slow Moving Vehicle Emblem
Slow-Moving Vehicle Emblem
24615. It is unlawful to operate upon a public highway any vehicle or combination of vehicles, which is designed to be and is operated at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, unless the rearmost vehicle displays a "slow-moving vehicle emblem," except upon vehicles used by a utility, whether publicly or privately owned, for the construction, maintenance, or repair of its own facilities or upon vehicles used by highway authorities or bridge or highway districts in highway maintenance, inspection, survey, or construction work, while such vehicle is engaged in work at the jobsite upon a highway. Any other vehicle or combination of vehicles, when operated at a speed of 25 miles per hour or less, may display such emblem. The emblem shall be mounted on the rear of the vehicle, base down, and at a height of not less than three nor more than five feet from ground to base. Such emblem shall consist of a truncated equilateral triangle having a minimum height of 14 inches with a red reflective border not less than 1 3/4 inches in width and a fluorescent orange center.

This emblem shall not be displayed except as permitted or required by this section.

Amended Ch. 287, Stats. 1971. Operative May 3, 1972.
MY FRIEND TRIED THE TRIANGLE THING. NOT LEGAL. IT IS MEANT FOR SLOW MOVING FARM EQUIPMENT. CALIFORNIA DOESN'T WANT SXSs ONTHE STREETS. THEY ALSO WON'T LICENSE GOLFCARTS FOR THE STREET ANYMORE.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000