Drivers attacking Drivers at WORCS

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Car in the front should have pulled over, it looks like maybe he had a problem as slow as he was going....but I seen at least 2 places he could have moved.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
I'll go there.... The guys on the main course, hurt and looking like he's on a Sunday cruise. Not sure but it even looks like he's giving him the bird. Again on main course, no belts on, no helmet on! Not only is he showing a total disregard for his own safety, but for all that come up on him at race pace. Definitely should be some sort of warning and suspension... Then, You pull that BS again you can find another series to run. Hopefully it doesn't get around too much, or he won't be welcome at any sanctioned race series.
Regards,

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
This video has blown up all over social media...

Video on instagram of WORCS race director talking about the incident and saying that disciplinary action has been taken...permanent ban

Last edited:

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
WORCS did the right thing - ZERO tolerance for assault during a race! IMO, ZERO tolerance for any type of assault while in the pits during a race as well......that guy had no business being on the course without a helmet on and without being strapped in, had no business impeding an ongoing race when he was apparently not at race speed, had no business NOT moving over when "asked" to several times, and certainly no business attacking a fellow racer. Congrats to WORCS on being swift and decisive with this.....

Reactions: sand shark

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
WORCS did the right thing - ZERO tolerance for assault during a race! IMO, ZERO tolerance for any type of assault while in the pits during a race as well......that guy had no business being on the course without a helmet on and without being strapped in, had no business impeding an ongoing race when he was apparently not at race speed, had no business NOT moving over when "asked" to several times, and certainly no business attacking a fellow racer. Congrats to WORCS on being swift and decisive with this.....
So was Katie banned at Lucas?

Reactions: george.felix

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
The guy in the front need a good ass woopen, and then told to go race with the beginners.

I didn't realize you could actually be in a race without a helmet. (I think he was a blocker)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
WORCS Banned the driver, Roger Norman of SCORE also commented on a post saying this driver would never be allowed to register to race a SCORE event because of this as well. Bad decision by the driver who to my knowledge still hasn't issued an apology of any sorts. He is also on the entry list for SS300 this weekend in his truck.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
WORCS Banned the driver, Roger Norman of SCORE also commented on a post saying this driver would never be allowed to register to race a SCORE event because of this as well. Bad decision by the driver who to my knowledge still hasn't issued an apology of any sorts. He is also on the entry list for SS300 this weekend in his truck.
All over an temper tantrum...I may have expected that from a newb ( not the trying to pick a fight with guy nerfing you)...but this guy races class 1, tt, and 7200. He should know better than to hold up traffic.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
So was Katie banned at Lucas?
I'm may be alone on this but as bad as this looked it didn't have permanent serious consequences.....in other words no one got hurt. However much he should have known better is speculation imo. He did what he did and it was 100% out of line and he should be held responsible for it no more or less as was Katie V sucker punching the guy. Both should have been possibly suspended and/or put on probation for some length of time...I think banning anyone is extreme. If he had done this before then he would have been on probation which makes banning more appropriate at that point but a ban for a first offense seems harsh. I have sympathy for the other drivers situation but I'm sure he would be the first to say he'd like to be treated like everyone else. Its a competitive sport and your going to have tempers flare from time. In fairness the guy got smacked around with a helmet on probably hurt the other dudes hand. On the other hand the guy took a solid punch to the eye and wasn't expecting it from a girl....Idk there are some major dick moves that occur not caught on video.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I'm may be alone on this but as bad as this looked it didn't have permanent serious consequences.....in other words no one got hurt. However much he should have known better is speculation imo. He did what he did and it was 100% out of line and he should be held responsible for it no more or less as was Katie V sucker punching the guy. Both should have been possibly suspended and/or put on probation for some length of time...I think banning anyone is extreme. If he had done this before then he would have been on probation which makes banning more appropriate at that point but a ban for a first offense seems harsh. I have sympathy for the other drivers situation but I'm sure he would be the first to say he'd like to be treated like everyone else. Its a competitive sport and your going to have tempers flare from time. In fairness the guy got smacked around with a helmet on probably hurt the other dudes hand. On the other hand the guy took a solid punch to the eye and wasn't expecting it from a girl....Idk there are some major dick moves that occur not caught on video.
Whats this Katie V reference all about and how is it related to this incident?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I would say it has no relation to this incident... It does however pertain to fights and racing.
I assumed the topic was about incidents that would be considered unsportsmanlike. It happens in every sport and how its addressed is different in every sport. Hockey and Nascar fighting is not a big deal but in figure skating it will get you banned and kicked off the Olympic Team. Offroad racing falls somewhere in between......the question seems to be where...:)

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I assumed the topic was about incidents that would be considered unsportsmanlike. It happens in every sport and how its addressed is different in every sport. Hockey and Nascar fighting is not a big deal but in figure skating it will get you banned and kicked off the Olympic Team. Offroad racing falls somewhere in between......the question seems to be where...:)
Personally I think it should be more like hockey....but I grew up in a rough neighborhood. However... its not OK for a grown man to tee off on kid...or worse yet someone with a disability.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Personally I think it should be more like hockey....but I grew up in a rough neighborhood. However... its not OK for a grown man to tee off on kid...or worse yet someone with a disability.
Jim, I watched the video again and it stops right at the point where the guy makes what I’d call a swipe at the drivers helmet and almost looks like he’s starting to walk away but you can’t tell. I’m always skeptical about videos that just stop abruptly if you know what I mean. The kid didn’t edit and post the video he actually had a somewhat subdued attitude about it. Maybe the guy has a history of being hot headed no different than Tony Stewart. Regardless I seriously doubt he knew initially that was a kid much less disabled. He probably noticed as he got in the kids face and the video stops. I don’t know either of the parties but it’s not fair to make a mountain out of a molehill by blowing up the fact the kid happened to be handicapped. Ask any handicapped competitor and their the first to say they don’t want special treatment which is why they get a little extra respect from all of us. The guy was definitely wrong but I’m sure if Justin Sheakley jumped out and smacked my helmet people would have a different feeling about it. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000