DRIVE - Racing Series

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
We will be there to cover it Rog!!! We got to get that UTVUnderground decal up on it!!!! LOL That is so awesome! Is Todd racing the Teryx??
Yep Todd is racing the Teryx and his son is Racing his RZR and Trophy(Dezert) kart

Todd will also have the full on Trophy Truck there.

You want to run a camera in the banana?

I have to ask about the stickers, ( not My car) lol

Rog

1BAJA03

McMillin Racing
Feb 25, 2009
iv desert & baja
This weekend we are having are desert clean-up located @ Plaster City Ca. This will be an all day event lots of exciting things going on besides the clean-up. For more info go to www.drive-racing.com or Joey has a flyer on the home page also. Thanks everyone. March 21st UTV open desert racing Plaster City info can be found at the website also.

[email protected]

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I will be there for the cleanup.

Seems there are still issues with UTV gas tanks :mad::mad:

Metal fuel cells inside metal compartments! WTF. if these things can race Soboba then they sure as hell can race at Plaster city

might not have any utv's racing, so it appears right now. :eek::eek:

DRIVE

Mar 4, 2009

Metal fuel cells inside metal compartments! WTF. if these things can race Soboba then they sure as hell can race at Plaster city

Yes there are still issues with running stock tanks. The real issue is we can't get testing data from the manufactures because they are afraid of being sued. (at least I think thats why). As far as Soboba, reservations are under their own law. I am working extremel hard to get this resolved. If manufactures would just pony up the specs like fuel cell manufactures it would be a lot faster. I will have a finial decision tomorrow...one way or another.

Last edited:

DRIVE

Mar 4, 2009

Forgot...also, a plastic cell inside a metal box is good. Doesn't have to be a metal box inside a metal box.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
well if the stock tank is not legal for this race guess I will go to dune tour?? Will wait to see!

DRIVE

Mar 4, 2009
well if the stock tank is not legal for this race guess I will go to dune tour?? Will wait to see!
Working on it. What the tech guys are asking for is a sheet metal box around the tank on all sides. Will have more details tomorrow.

so a standard fuel cell with a rubber blatter will be OK or not ok Doug?

Thanks for posting this info!!
It would be OK.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2009
Stock tanks would be so awesome. Really opens up to allow lots of novice racers to come out and try some desert racing.

I hope that stock tanks are allowed for your sake Waytay.

I can understand the saftey aspect and can respect it. Saftey First in racing.

waytay

Jan 15, 2009
Stock tanks would be so awesome. Really opens up to allow lots of novice racers to come out and try some desert racing.

I hope that stock tanks are allowed for your sake Waytay.

I can understand the saftey aspect and can respect it. Saftey First in racing.
COMPLETEY understand safety aspects. I guess I misunderstood things. My vehicle is basicly stock except roll cage doors etc... If a vehicle like that can not run?? That is fine. I am just looking for some fun and thrills. Maybe down the road a full race vehicle could be in the works...but not now. Just wanna pay my money and drive fast...LOL

waytay

Jan 15, 2009
They may have a fix for you / fuel cell kit so you can run still Wayne! I just spoke with Doug and he is trying really hard to allow stock tanks.....
thanks joey.....I know the powers that be will do what is needed. I am not gonna sweat it. If I can run still gotta get a race suit etc... saboba was a little light on tech huh?? If not just gonna play in the sand....but all my parts will be done friday can put everything back together.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Soboba doesnt have to worry so much about liability issues as does a series like DRIVE. DRIVE is fighting for guys like you but the guys setting rules and tech for them is really strict but has a good saftey record........we will keep pushing for this!! I would love to see you race in the desert!!

waytay

Jan 15, 2009
Ok any answers......am I going to plaster city or glamis??????

waytay

Jan 15, 2009
I will be up at hrt tommorow pickin stuff up...will see what info the boys have. I know rog is trying to figure out what to do with a rhino motor.

DRIVE

Mar 4, 2009
I have a few more things that need to be done but I don't want to hold anyone up from making plans. Fuel cells will be required for this race. Sorry to say....No stock tanks at this point. Plastic cells that are boxed with sheet metal are good to go. I will continue to work on this because I want to open it up as much as possible without risking long term effects on desert racing.

With that said....ORW in Escondido put a package together for race legal fuel cells. It would include a 12 gallon cell (or less, for less, if you want), all the fittings, the filler neck and hoses for about $650 if you tell them you want to race DRIVE. You would need to call Dave at the ORW escondido store. The number is 760-746-3193.

We will continue to work these issues on a daily basis.

I can be reached at 760-791-7663 if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000