doi buy the certificates with my new Discount tires?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i cracked the sidwalls on two of my 35" Toyo Mt's in G last weekend and one of them i bought through Discount tire but the other i bought without a warranty. the tires had 32k miles on them and need replacing this year anyways. but i guess at 15psi and 8,000lb truck going through the G woops is not good for the tires. haha

so do you buy certificates with your tires? it will cost me $52 a tire at 4 tires its alot of dough, but good peace of mind. i am hard on my tires so i should but what about the manufacturers warranty? wouldnt Discount tire just send it back to Toyo and get a new one any ways? so am i paying for convience of Discount just giving me a tire instead of waiting for the manufacturer?

are all warranties just crap anyways?

bigmo450

Oct 5, 2010
i have a set of Discount tires and they just came with a warranty i didnt have to buy extra stuff for them to be covered they should have your name one file.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I always get the cert at Americas Tire... I am due for tires on my truck and had a thought... why not only buy the cert for 1 tire instead of 4? They can't prove later if it fails its not the 1 of 4 with the cert.... For reals though I get the certs for the lifetime balancing.. they usually come with free rotation but balancing is usually about $30... so at Americas Tire I pay $120 for lifetime balance.. pays for itself in 4 rotation/balance sessions and thats only 20000 miles. So its a no brainer. Plus that includes the road hazard. I say if you're tight on funds then skip it or have a plan "B", otherwise its a good deal once you pass 20000 miles on the tires

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I always get the cert at Americas Tire... I am due for tires on my truck and had a thought... why not only buy the cert for 1 tire instead of 4? They can't prove later if it fails its not the 1 of 4 with the cert.... For reals though I get the certs for the lifetime balancing.. they usually come with free rotation but balancing is usually about $30... so at Americas Tire I pay $120 for lifetime balance.. pays for itself in 4 rotation/balance sessions and thats only 20000 miles. So its a no brainer. Plus that includes the road hazard. I say if you're tight on funds then skip it or have a plan "B", otherwise its a good deal once you pass 20000 miles on the tires
i have non-DOT approved beadlocks and Discount will not dismount, mount or balance my tires. i have to go see Jesus at the local ghetto tire shop to break the beads and a good friend at a mechanic shop to balance them. i always make things difficult for myself.

so for $52 a tire i am just using it for a road hazzard warranty.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
absolutely you buy them and after about 10,000 miles you start screwing screws into the shoulders of each tire, one at a time every 2,000 miles and get yourself a new set of tires for $200

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
absolutely you buy them and after about 10,000 miles you start screwing screws into the shoulders of each tire, one at a time every 2,000 miles and get yourself a new set of tires for $200
i have a cousin who's friend had a bor in law who did that with a 4" piece of angle iron. so i have heard. haha

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
I usually get the certs... comes in handy when they get screwed up during abuse. I doubt the manufacturer would warranty them. if you get the cert, they don't even bother to ask what happened. The discount off of Country Club and Baseline balanced mine. I had to talk to one of the dudes in the shop. They said it wouldn't fit on the balancer machine, so i showed him how to line up the spacers so it would.. and they did all of mine on the jeep.

G-

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I never buy the warranties,you can usually replace 1 tire for the cost of a warranty.Unless your Russ Wheeler who drives up prices for everyone.LOL

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
i have non-DOT approved beadlocks and Discount will not dismount, mount or balance my tires. i have to go see Jesus at the local ghetto tire shop to break the beads and a good friend at a mechanic shop to balance them. i always make things difficult for myself.

so for $52 a tire i am just using it for a road hazzard warranty.
ouch... I think I would pass then for myself

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I usually get the certs... comes in handy when they get screwed up during abuse. I doubt the manufacturer would warranty them. if you get the cert, they don't even bother to ask what happened. The discount off of Country Club and Baseline balanced mine. I had to talk to one of the dudes in the shop. They said it wouldn't fit on the balancer machine, so i showed him how to line up the spacers so it would.. and they did all of mine on the jeep.

G-
dammit that is the store i always use for my tires too. friggin manager told me he would not touch them, i guess i have to just ask one of the boys instaed of the man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000