dodge pre-runner project

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the reply...and congrats on a sick truck!

We are thinking about building a "UTV chase truck" based off the Ram Cummins 2500 and are searching ideas.
The truck will need to be a hauler as well. We would like to be able to haul 3 rzr-s's plus support gear with it.
I read that you were using the Kore system. This is one of the kits we are thinking about along with Carli.

What did and didn't you like about the Kore setup?

Many thanks for any feedback!
dont forget about Lorenz Ind. i have his 2.5 on my megacab and its friggin awesome. i run the Carli long travel airbags so i dont loose travel in the rear. if you need a weld on front axle truss kit i have them ready to go sitting in my garage.

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
I like the new Ram Runner concept rig. This will give the Raptor a contender.
my crew cab eats raptors for breakfast.:D
its amazing what the dodge HD's can handle suspension developement on these trucks has been step up thx to the originator kent kroeker (KORE PERFORMANCE)racing a solid axle dodge in score stock class and companies like CARLI,LORENZ IND,THUREN AND DIALED MOTORPORTS has taken what kore started and have taken to another level long arms kits ,radius arms, 3" shocks ,quad bypass shocks ,17" of wheel travel up front 22" rear travel in the rear ,coilover kits, chromoly motor mounts and still tow your trailer to the desert or dunes :eek:

MRPAT920

Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
Thanks for the reply...and congrats on a sick truck!

We are thinking about building a "UTV chase truck" based off the Ram Cummins 2500 and are searching ideas.
The truck will need to be a hauler as well. We would like to be able to haul 3 rzr-s's plus support gear with it.
I read that you were using the Kore system. This is one of the kits we are thinking about along with Carli.

What did and didn't you like about the Kore setup?

Many thanks for any feedback!

i was running the kore race kit and its a great kit but it is a RACE kit it was to ruff for a daily driver and kore stop developing parts what they offer is all they have as other kits keep developing new parts for the HD dodge and that helped me on my decision on switching to another dodge suspension company i just wanted more out of my truck as for towing 3rzrs that should not be a problem u can run rear airbags or Vehicle Suspension Kits - Timbren Suspension Enhancement Systems if you have any ? ask away i will try to help you out the best i can

FOXC

Feb 21, 2011
I am worried about the ride qualities on road too. Our truck will be my daily ride as well.
I have never had a 3/4 ton as I have always heard they ride like crap on road and off.
It looks like some kits address this issue now.
We have also read a little about the Carli or Lorenz kits. They advertise a "better than stock" street ride and at the same time, better performance offroad.

MRPAT920

Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
I am worried about the ride qualities on road too. Our truck will be my daily ride as well.
I have never had a 3/4 ton as I have always heard they ride like crap on road and off.
It looks like some kits address this issue now.
We have also read a little about the Carli or Lorenz kits. They advertise a "better than stock" street ride and at the same time, better performance offroad.

thats the reason i run the dialed motorsports kit i felt it was soft enough for the street and when i want to do some serious off road i just add more nitrogen to the shocks and yes my truck is my daily driver ,tow rig and offroad toy :D

kore,carli ,dialed ms run progressive coil springs i know dialed gets there coil springs made by eibach not sure who makes carli

where are you located??

FOXC

Feb 21, 2011
thats the reason i run the dialed motorsports kit i felt it was soft enough for the street and when i want to do some serious off road i just add more nitrogen to the shocks and yes my truck is my daily driver ,tow rig and offroad toy :D

kore,carli ,dialed ms run progressive coil springs i know dialed gets there coil springs made by eibach not sure who makes carli

where are you located??
sent ya a pm.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
but you need a cool toy for the new garage :D
Yeah I know-thats what I have been tryin' to tell my wifey also! :mad:

I will tesify about Louie's truck. We went to Dove Springs acouple of weeks ago to go hang-out wit our boy JP!
Any who - the truck drove fine on the 3+ hour drive there and back. We took it out mobbing and dude this thing was breaking necks left and right. We tried to get a ford raptor to race but he didn't want none! LOL Louie added nitro to the shocks Saturday and it just flew over the whoops!! Louie had this thing going throw trails it wasn't meant to go through!! Best HD Ram set-up out there hands down IMO!! :)

MRPAT920

Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
Yeah I know-thats what I have been tryin' to tell my wifey also! :mad:

I will tesify about Louie's truck. We went to Dove Springs acouple of weeks ago to go hang-out wit our boy JP!
Any who - the truck drove fine on the 3+ hour drive there and back. We took it out mobbing and dude this thing was breaking necks left and right. We tried to get a ford raptor to race but he didn't want none! LOL Louie added nitro to the shocks Saturday and it just flew over the whoops!! Louie had this thing going throw trails it wasn't meant to go through!! Best HD Ram set-up out there hands down IMO!! :)
nice picture dan to bad nobody got pics of me playing in the mud :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000