Yamaha Do you have a JBS Sheave?

Do you have a JBS Sheave?

• Total voters

Roo

May 16, 2009
Not only do I have the sheave, but he is my parts dealer!!!
Talking about OEM parts, James offered me a killer deal on one of his machined sheaves which I bought. The weekend before Thanksgiving I took apart my CVT to do maintenance on the secondary and install the new sheave. What I found was that two of the rivet heads had sheared off and destroyed the faces of both sheaves, primary and secondary. I called James and he told me about the early 700 secondary sheaves doing that and that Yamaha had been selling an improved sheave with a different part number because of this problem. Long story short, he had all the parts I needed to repair except the two parts that make up the secondary which was a couple weeks out. I ordered all the parts, and told him I would try to find the secondary local, using the part number he gave me. I called everywhere and no one had it in stock, and the one thing everyone I called had in common was it was going to cost upwards of 500 dollars, double what James quoted me. I called James back and told him I would order from him, and that I will have to go to desert without Rhino. The next morning I received a package from UPS that had been sent overnight. He sent me a good secondary sheave with a gold spring installed to use for free until my new sheave came in. All this from someone I have never met before, and only talked on the phone with a couple times. This guy truly loves Rhinos and the people in this sport. Customer service is beyond top notch IMO!

Aspendell Rover

Mar 7, 2013
Talking about OEM parts, James offered me a killer deal on one of his machined sheaves which I bought. The weekend before Thanksgiving I took apart my CVT to do maintenance on the secondary and install the new sheave. What I found was that two of the rivet heads had sheared off and destroyed the faces of both sheaves, primary and secondary. I called James and he told me about the early 700 secondary sheaves doing that and that Yamaha had been selling an improved sheave with a different part number because of this problem. Long story short, he had all the parts I needed to repair except the two parts that make up the secondary which was a couple weeks out. I ordered all the parts, and told him I would try to find the secondary local, using the part number he gave me. I called everywhere and no one had it in stock, and the one thing everyone I called had in common was it was going to cost upwards of 500 dollars, double what James quoted me. I called James back and told him I would order from him, and that I will have to go to desert without Rhino. The next morning I received a package from UPS that had been sent overnight. He sent me a good secondary sheave with a gold spring installed to use for free until my new sheave came in. All this from someone I have never met before, and only talked on the phone with a couple times. This guy truly loves Rhinos and the people in this sport. Customer service is beyond top notch IMO!
I agree Roo, you gave me good advice on my waste of money CVT filter and James hooked me up with the right CVT set-up...thanks to both of ya for the help with a stock rhino(motor) that runs great! Learned a lot from you guys!!!

Tommygun

Mar 10, 2013
Sonora, Ky
I have a JBS sheave an its the first mod any Rhino owner should do. I'm adding a cam and msd 3d with a stock exhaist here shortly...James I'll be giving you a call.

JRLoos

Dec 3, 2011
I run one and I would recommend it to anyone I know... except my enemies!

Also... Quick shout out to James for helping me out yesterday installing my cam in my 700! I called him at least 5 times just to make sure we had everything right! I took it down the street and I can definitely feel the power increase on the low end! I will update with my build thread later...

muddslinger

Mar 7, 2013
I have a JBS Sheave as well as some engine mod's that james has done for me....I know james and his wife nikki and i will tell you they are great people that are a great addition to the SXS community. I have met some good people throughout the years of ridding atv's and SXS's and bought a lot of parts, hands down JBS has the best costumer services that you will ever find.

JBS FOR LIFE......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000