Do custom seats make that big of a difference?

Boschma

I'm on the fence about putting some new seats in my RZRXP 900. I know the stock ones aren't that comfortable, but will new ones make that big of a difference?

I'm a big guy.. 6'5" 300lbs, what seat would you recommend?
I had Beard RX-1 seats in an offroad car and they were nice, but doubt something like that would fit in my RZR.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
With being big and tall remember any aftermarket seat bolted to stock bases(click in style) will raise your butt height.

Yes, aftermarket seats are worth it in my opinion. They keep you planted in the seat and from the side to side sloshing around. Now this is true if you use 5 point belts. 4 point harness are just as bad as stock belts.

Most seats are the same in the recreation side. When you step up to race style you get note containment with less comfort.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
They make a huge difference!!!! I went with the PRP GT +2 width... I'm a bigger guy myself and these fit in a 900 perfectly and feel great on us wide bodies :rolleyes: I got the vinyl on the outside and tweed on the inside to help with possible sliding around...

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
After market seat are a must if your ridding hard. They will keep you snug as a bug..lol.. Even for us manly man at +6' over 300 lbs. Almost all the company's now make a + size wider seat, and with a little work you could get away with the " click-in " base and save yourself about 2"+.

Tzenev

Jul 9, 2013
I have stock seats with 4 point harnesses in my maverick and I really want to get pro seats with 5 points. Most people that ride with me struggle with wearing the 4 points right. They try and tighten the should straps before the lap belts and next thing you know they have the lap belt up at there nipples. I just shake my head. So I'm thing 5 points are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I just laugh when they get their nipples chapped from the belts riding that high

Tzenev

Jul 9, 2013
I just laugh when they get their nipples chapped from the belts riding that high

Haha thats all you can do is laugh! pretty bad when a guy will talk all day about how much of a badass offroader and driver he is but he cant wear 4 point harnesses right.:confused:

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
Im 6'6" and have a cage thats alot lower than stock and was concerned about seats.. after calling around everyone said the prp gt is the way to go. I had tge opportunity to stick one in my rzr the other night and even with the stock base + slider I was roughly same hieght and had more leg room. Definitely getting some without the sliders I should be sitting great .. I would def recommend them and the folks at prp have always been really nice

Frank Steele

Jul 2, 2014
Southern California
Its like night and day. My wife has a bad back and with the stock seats at the end of a ride she would be in a lot of pain. I ended up going with some Twisted Stitch Vortex seats (with heaters) and man what a difference. I can not only go out longer but drive faster and she doesn't complain like before. All in all there great seats.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
For a great suspension seat look up BS Sand seats here in Phoenix Az they make a really nice Seat and have a good variety of styles to choose from. They Price them right to.:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000