Disabled person Looking to work for a team paid or unpaid dosn't matter.

brett parton

Mar 19, 2015
hi my name is Brett and I am 23 years old and live in san Bernardino CA. I have muscular dystrophy and confined to a wheelchair. im looking to work for a team paid or unpaid it dosent matter my goal in life was to be racing for a living but shit happens and i cant. But that doesn't mean i cant work for a race team. im just going to get straight to the point why im writing this is i literaly sit at home and dont do anything with my life but play videogames not that i choose to but its the only thing my body can do. I have to live with my parents wish i didn't have to i just got bad luck and i cant change it. i cant stay in this bubble anymore i need to live my life and my condition wont stop me. so if anyone would be willing to help me out please message me i would appreciate it.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Brett,
I’ve seen your previous post and obviously you haven’t given up. You might give some thought to what capacity you feel you can contribute comfortably. Btw I like your tenacity....impressive.

brett parton

Mar 19, 2015
Brett,
I’ve seen your previous post and obviously you haven’t given up. You might give some thought to what capacity you feel you can contribute comfortably. Btw I like your tenacity....impressive.
I dont really know what jobs are involved to make a team. I mean im basically a quad like what could I actually do. This probably is the last time ill put this up been trying for 3 years now. I've been messaged by people talk to them for a few weeks then they stop talking to me like i dont need to be paid i just love Offroading. Do you think i should just give up.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I definitely dont think you should give up. Have you tried posting on race-dezert.com? I believe they have a lot more traffic over there with a lot of race guys posting. Best of luck to you.

M2Wheeler

Jun 28, 2014
I dont really know what jobs are involved to make a team. I mean im basically a quad like what could I actually do. This probably is the last time ill put this up been trying for 3 years now. I've been messaged by people talk to them for a few weeks then they stop talking to me like i dont need to be paid i just love Offroading. Do you think i should just give up.
Don’t give up, like Tatum said try race-dezert, they get more traffic. As for jobs or ways you could contribute; what kind of time can you contribute, and what can you offer? If you can’t physically contribute with prep or pit work maybe you can help plan some of the logistics/office side of things; like organizing pit crews, ordering the parts to prep the race car, helping with radio management on race day, relaying/posting team updates on social media, etc... Good luck

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
This wont get you into the desert or at a pit spot for work, but I know lots of team have someone at home on race day helping them track and relay information as to whats going on.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
If its your dream then do what it takes to make it happen. There are things you can bring to the table for a team but you might have to develop some skills and change your expectations. Find a way that you can contribute and learn the skills. Most race programs are run like a business with all that goes on to coordinate parts, suppliers, logistics. Booking hotels for the team, sending out entry forms on time (haha, you know who you are). Keeping splits and relaying information. When you can take something to the table you are more likely to get someone to take you up on your offer.

Like someone else said try racedezert.com. Also check out chairslayer on instagram or chairslayer.org. Different set of circumstances but when he was confined to a wheelchair he set out to learn new skills that would allow him to do what he loved.

Good luck, but don't leave it all to luck!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
If its your dream then do what it takes to make it happen. There are things you can bring to the table for a team but you might have to develop some skills and change your expectations. Find a way that you can contribute and learn the skills. Most race programs are run like a business with all that goes on to coordinate parts, suppliers, logistics. Booking hotels for the team, sending out entry forms on time (haha, you know who you are). Keeping splits and relaying information. When you can take something to the table you are more likely to get someone to take you up on your offer.

Like someone else said try racedezert.com. Also check out chairslayer on instagram or chairslayer.org. Different set of circumstances but when he was confined to a wheelchair he set out to learn new skills that would allow him to do what he loved.

Good luck, but don't leave it all to luck!
Well put....the only thing that comes with a silver platter is a silver platter. Start somewhere and stick with it and see where it leads. You will be surprised what your capable of. If Stephen Hawking can contribute so can you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000