desert race xp900

jkonces

Dec 16, 2014
my name is james, im new to this forum and am building a bitd legal 2 seat xp900, my question is about the fuel cells and if anyone makes a reasonably priced underseat cell, and if anyone has experience with the handling characteristics of a rear mounted one, also looking for a fill plate for stock pump and sending unit

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
I am building a 900 for bitd, and am putting a lsr cell in mine. It fits fine (obviously with fab work). You will need to buy a K&T fuel rail, and use a aftermarket regulator after the rail. If you need any help, just ask. Here are some pics of cell installed. Also, Harmon makes a cell for a 1k that uses a stock pump, but I have a friend that got one, and it didn't fit his 1k, so I don't believe it will fit a 900.

cell 2.JPG

cell 1.JPG

cell 3.JPG

jkonces

Dec 16, 2014
Thanks for the info those cells are pricy but good to know they will fit, any run one in the back? Does it handle poorly?

jkonces

Dec 16, 2014
What changed in the rules, i just ordered a jaz 12 gallon steel shell poly bladder with foam?

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
I have been researching BITD/SCORE legal fuel cells and came across a thread that I will have to try to find. It was on the desert rangers forum talking about how the $200 JAZ cells were not compliant with the rules anymore.

jkonces

Dec 16, 2014
i called cory with bitd and he said yes you can still run jaz fuel cell or any fuel cell really as long as its a steel or aluminum box with a poly/plastic bladder and foam, still havnt had anyone chime in or a filler plate to run the stock pump, im even considering building my own but previous built pics of one would be handy

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
i called cory with bitd and he said yes you can still run jaz fuel cell or any fuel cell really as long as its a steel or aluminum box with a poly/plastic bladder and foam, still havnt had anyone chime in or a filler plate to run the stock pump, im even considering building my own but previous built pics of one would be handy
Good to hear...

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
i had the same problem. I ended up running an aftermarket(EXTERNAL) fuel pump with aeromotive regulator to drop down the psi..I run the regulator a little higher than is needed and let the other regulator in the fuel bar bring it down to factory specs.i don't have a lot of time on this set up ,but so far so good.will see in a week LOL

jkonces

Dec 16, 2014
Thanks let me know how it works out ive been hearing of a lot of issues with vapor lock on external pumps

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
Right on what pump and stuff are u using
it is a walbro gsl392 255 lph universal external pump with aeromotive pressure regulator with liquid gauge. edited to add I had the in side fitting cut and tig welded an aeromotive fitting on. took all of about 5 min for them to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000