Custom Sound System for my Teryx4

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
Being the kinda guy that likes to build things I figured I'd have my go at building a custom stereo set-up

Here's where Im at so far:

This is my 1st time working with fiber glass.
It looks alot more ruff than it is (he white area's is where high spots have been sanded down). I made the mold using cardboard so the whole thing is much lighter than it would be using wood. So far I've got one full layer of fiber glass, and 2-3 layers in areas where the speakers will be mounted. The back of the Roll Bar fits into a grove at the top of the box (its used to secure the box into the cage. it fits very snug!). I think I'll do 1 more layer (or atleast do a little touch-up with the fiber glass in a few area's) and then I'll use body filler to get it all smoothed out.

The box will house two 5.25" speakers on each side of the seats, a single 6x9 5-way in between the seats, and a 8" subwoofer in between the seats above the 6x9. I found the perfect amp (kinda pricy but well worth it for this application). Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 ~ For its size nothing even comes close! The particular amp I have was tested at 86-Watts RMS @ 4-ohms with 14.4 Volts. Thats some serious power for such a little amp! The whole system will be sealed up (I'll have an access door in the rear) with only Power cord & Input line exiting the box.

If the box works well I should have a kick'N little set-up that won't take-up any usable space! :)

My main question now is system power.
I've heard the Teryx4 puts out more power than the T2 does. The amp Im using supposedly doesnt use as much power as a traditional amp, but im not so sure about that (havent tested it yet). The last thing I want to happen is be out somewhere and not be able to start my Teryx because I've drained the battery.

I want to also install a set of Rigid Dually's, but other than the Amp for the stereo (and having my iPhone plugged-in) thats all I plan to be using.

You think I'll need more battery power???

Any thoughts &/or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
I got the speaker holes cut out, & finished the final layer of Fiberglass today

Tomorrow I'll sand & start applying the body filler.
I should have it playing by this weekend!

It looks like a damn predator drone! (it really will with a flat black finish).
If it thumps good maybe I'll call it the "Stealth Bomber":D

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas

I sanded & applied body filler today. Then Primed it, then played with a couple different types of Black. A semi-gloss, and a textured Black with metal flake. The textured black looks better because it has texture, but I don't care too much for the sparkle effect (you can see the metal spec sprayed around the speaker holes, & over the top edge of the box as a test).

While I was working on it today I got to thinking about vinyl wrap, and then remembered about the 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Wrap! I think the box would look sick in carbon fiber! For now Black paint will have to do, but once I find some more $$$ for this box the Carbon Fiber is going on for sure! If you havent seen the carbon fiber wrap that 3m makes check it out! Its kinda pricy but its pretty cool stuff! I think I'll have to wrap my dash with it too!:D

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
I got the internal support for the speakers cut out & stalled

I am starting to like the textured metal fleck black paint thats on it now (I like the contrast that the edges show with the shine). I might consider going with the carbon fiber dip anybody in my area does the dip. But I do want it to be CF, so I'll atleast try the Carbon Fiber Warp. If it doesnt work out for some reason I may go with Bedliner.

Speakers installed & Box Mounted.
It fits TIGHT!!! ...its not going to move a bit!

I don't know if I'll have time to wire everything up tomorrow or not.
I REALLY want to hear how it sounds! ...so I hope i can get it done

I have a back plate fully finished & ready to go, but I think I'm going to get a piece of plexiglass for the rear so you can see inside the box (I think it'd be pretty cool to light-up the inside with a blue LED to match the color or my T4)

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
...got my 1st sound checks in today. I havent made any progress on the finish yet (still has the ruff paint job). I've been debating back and forth whether I'll cover it in Vine, or have it painted with Truck Bed Liner. I really thought a carbon Fiber vinyl would be the ticket, but now Im thinking I'd rather have the box be more rugged. Im leaning more towards the Bed Liner finish now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-rVKW8UI8&list=UUzWvvA5nwQn8VNvwurP4GKQ&index=2&feature=plcp"]Teryx4 Custom Sound System. Test1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2w-UwrECY&list=UUzWvvA5nwQn8VNvwurP4GKQ&index=1&feature=plcp"]Teryx4 Custom Sound System. Test2 - YouTube[/ame]

Bass is good and highs are clear. It sounds great!!!
Until today I never noticed how low the quality of YouTube's video were. The raw video & sound from my camera is much higher quality. And the box is much louder in person that it seems in the video too. Also in the 1st video you can hear the music at any speed (the camera is picking up too much wind noise). Anyways... its working great! I'll post up a few pictures once the finish is complete but other than that this baby is ready to rock!

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
Thanks guys

You think I will need more battery power (or even a 2nd batt)???
I want to install a set of Rigid Dually's, but other than the Amp for the stereo (and having my iPhone plugged-in) thats all I plan to be using.

I've heard the T4 puts out more power than the T2, and the amp im using supposedly doesnt draw as much power as a regular amp (I can't find specs on its draw, but its made for atv's and motorcycles).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000