CT Racing Maverick Build

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
car looks good but, I personally think the cage is raked back a little too extreme. Just my opinion, but all is worth considering. makes it look like it was rolled over and crushed down from the start.
I hear what you're sayin, once we add a brace that goes from the bend at the top of the windshield down to the door bar it'll help that look and also that bend. Also the doors aren't staying, a lot of this what to get us to pass tech for this first race and figure out what we need to change.
This was my last racer, nicknamed the golf cart it looked silly but took the podium every race so I wanted to change that look.

ECORS

Jan 11, 2011
That can am is wicked fast! With a little more shock tuning, that thing will be even faster! And, it looks good!

ridepate

Jan 29, 2009
car looks good but, I personally think the cage is raked back a little too extreme. Just my opinion, but all is worth considering. makes it look like it was rolled over and crushed down from the start.
I agree. A little too much.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I think the cage design is the best looking mav cage ive seen. Overall the whole thing is awesome . Good job

Fourup

The Dalek
Jun 26, 2012
Melbourne Australia
I agree. A little too much.
I'm in the same boat, its a little too much for my taste, I have always been on about the Wildcat cage and while it may take a massive get off the fold the front thats exactly what a cage in on to prevent. Its all guessing until you crash test them over and over, mathematics only goes so far, that why I'm always in favor over over engineering.

Just my personal bug.

Otherwise it looks like its been a sweet build and very jealous of the outcome and great performance obviously grabbing a win!! Congratulations!

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
Update:

We have the shock valving and dual rated spring rates dialed in. The car is very planted and will eat up 18" whoops at 70mph like they aren't even there while eliminating a lot of body roll. I'm trying to find somewhere with a good run of 24-30" whoops but it's difficult in NC.

We ran a small race and over heated and blew a belt. We're adding a blower to the belt and moving the radiator to the rear while building a rear radiator relocation kit for others.

We're still running the cheesy door skins right now but hopefully within the next month we can get that additional A pillar brace in to complete the cage and complete the door bars while building some good skins with quarter turns.

Starting next weekend we have 3 consecutive race weekends so it will really put it throw its paces before we change some other things. So far I'm still very happy with it.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Update:

We have the shock valving and dual rated spring rates dialed in. The car is very planted and will eat up 18" whoops at 70mph like they aren't even there while eliminating a lot of body roll. I'm trying to find somewhere with a good run of 24-30" whoops but it's difficult in NC.

We ran a small race and over heated and blew a belt. We're adding a blower to the belt and moving the radiator to the rear while building a rear radiator relocation kit for others.

We're still running the cheesy door skins right now but hopefully within the next month we can get that additional A pillar brace in to complete the cage and complete the door bars while building some good skins with quarter turns.

Starting next weekend we have 3 consecutive race weekends so it will really put it throw its paces before we change some other things. So far I'm still very happy with it.

is the shock kit avalible for the do it yourself guy? or do i need to ship the shocks to you?

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
I need to punch out the compression side of the piston to have it flow more oil for my tune so it's not something that I can send you and you swap out plus we're adding a good bit of oil and nitrogen.

We've also put one of our CT Racing front bumpers on it that are in production right now. It offers a lot of protection and has a winch mount for when we run KOH.

View attachment 10470

Attachments

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
STM is the best you can get. I run their secondary but didn't spring for the primary. If I decide to do engine work I may jump to the rage 8 but that will be down the road.

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
Be careful with the blower we measured the amount of air the system generates itself and with a huge blower and we saw that it helped under 17 mph but the draw it generates its self is then blocked by the blower over 17mph try bigger tubing and running it above the front diff where the radiator previously was with an intake filter.

choptop0130

Jul 5, 2011
commander nick, the blower unit we have has the air intake coming in just in front of the driver's door, is this the same location you are speaking of that needs to be changed to the front of the car? What brand blower unit is it?

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
No when we moved the radiator we pulled the original tubing to the clutch and put it straight foward so it sits over the front diff just below the intake. I dont know what brand the electrical blower was, it was an industrial high CFM blower. Also I forgot to mention if you are racing then you are opening the clutch cover between races so just remove the clutch exhaust tubing. (unless you have deep water crossings!!!) To see how strong it moves the air you can remove the clutch exhaust rev the engine with ur hand behind that and you will be surprised how much air it moves. The blower does really help at the low speeds but if you are averaging above 17mph during a race i wouldnt add it.

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
We overheated at the last race due to mud so I made some changes to ensure it doesn't happen again.
View attachment 10515

Also the rear plastics are distorted so bad from the heat it caused the rear fenders to sag down almost 2". I built some replacement pieces that offer better coverage and move some air.
View attachment 10516

Now it's dropped for the next race and ready to slide around.
View attachment 10517

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000