All UTV's Countdown to desert season 2012/2013

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
With about 60 days until the ISA Convention/UTVUnderground season opener, what do you plan to do to your machine before the 1st big ride? Do you have any typical off season prep you go through? Do you only replace broken parts or do you replace parts that show wear.

Please take a minute and share what you do to your UTV in the off season to keep it performing all season long.

2006 Rhino with 686cc
I replaced my seat belts with Pro Armor units. (belts are only good for 2 to 3 years "Racing Rule")
I greased all my fittings.
CV joint prep and repack.
Oil Change
Fresh Chassis paint
Adding window nets for the kids.
Adding 2 more intercom cables for the kids helmets
Resetting the ride hieght. (springs sag)
Charging my shocks.
Fuel filter.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Good thread Rusty!!

I just got done with a full service on the RZR4 XP900 thanks to the boys at IMG Motorsports. I also had them install an XMF shock tower in it so I am excited to see how that works. We greased all the zerks and put a fresh air filter in it from Airaid.

The Wildcat will get picked up from Prestige Motorsports tomorrow. They did a full service on the cat including new belt and oil change. They also tightened all bolts and serviced the power steering. It will go to Walker Evans Racing to get a shock upgrade and then be ready for the SSSS. I can't wait to run it!!!

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Eric does "race prep" on all our sided by sides on a regular basis. Seat belts are replaced every 3 years, CVT belt on the play cars is done about once a year. Race car every few races. I love that my husband is a fabricator and a mechanic. I never have to take my car to be serviced!

BlackRhinoSteven

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Feb 27, 2012
So Cal
www.blackrhinoperformance.com
No time to get the toys ready?

No means to dispose of all those oils and other hazardous fluids?

Let us handle the hassles that come with readying your Side X Side for the season!

Black Rhino Service Packages:
Our Annual Service Packages are available for ALL Side X Side vehicles and include the following:
Standard Annual Maintenance $250.00

_____ Change Oil & Filter

_____ Change Front & Rear Differential Fluids

_____ Clean & Oil Air Filter

_____ Lube Chassis Fittings

_____ Check & Fill Radiator Fluid

_____ Check & Fill Brake Fluid

_____ Replace Spark Plugs

_____ Check Brake Pads

Additional Services

_____ Complete Carburetor Cleaning and/or Fuel System Flush: $100.00

_____Check and Inspect CVT Belt: (Price Varies)

_____ Service CVT Sheaves: $125.00
(Rhino- Every 2 years)

_____ Service Aftermarket Exhaust: $95.00
(Every Year)

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Ill be doing a "Race Prep' on my wifes Rhino....so we can sell it to pay off a little race debt we have incurred this year.

For sale
07 Sport Rhino 686 4 seat LSR 6.5 on Elka's. Clutched and new tires. :(

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
cant wait for dezert season!!!:D:D:D my 1st trip will be in ocotillo wells nov 2nd 3rd and 4th the weekend after halloween. during the off season i did my 1st oil change on my rzr, put prp steats with 5 point harness in. going to change the rear diff before 1st trip. should i also do the front diff even tho i dont really use the 4wd??? also after 1st trip going to start build a new cage and doors ;):cool::D:):p

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Good thread Rusty!!

I just got done with a full service on the RZR4 XP900 thanks to the boys at IMG Motorsports. I also had them install an XMF shock tower in it so I am excited to see how that works. We greased all the zerks and put a fresh air filter in it from Airaid.

The Wildcat will get picked up from Prestige Motorsports tomorrow. They did a full service on the cat including new belt and oil change. They also tightened all bolts and serviced the power steering. It will go to Walker Evans Racing to get a shock upgrade and then be ready for the SSSS. I can't wait to run it!!!

I am gonna put the battery charger on my 07 rhino, then move it to the 08 teryx and then move it over to the other 08 teryx!

So take that Joey !!

Bet now that 2012 xp4 900 does not look so cool huh:D

:p:p:p

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Did I tell you about the 2 fresh Teryx builds?? lol how about the new JD RSX850i that's in route or our 2012 XP900 2 seater? I could go on if you like? This is one battle I am sure I could win! lol
I know i saw the teryx at BR!

Ya ya I know, I am just jealous!!!:D

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
  • Changed oil/filter (Amsoil of course!)
  • Drained/flush cooling system (3 years)
  • Grease all fittings
  • clean air filter
  • air up tires
  • put a wrench to all bolts
  • run new intercomm line to my 3 year olds booster seat
  • rewire entire aftermaket crap (its a mess under the hood!)
  • battery on charger

Can't wait for cooler days!

Grampsride

Team Incognito
May 8, 2009
Imperial, Ca
I still have to pull all my crap out of the toy hauler, but it's only like 112 down here, so that might wait a bit still. All you guys are making me want to get it all ready, but when I walk out side, I turn back around and say forget it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000