COGNITO RZR 4 XP1000 new BITD build

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Look great wrapped. Is that the ride height you race it at?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
in that picture the ride height was an inch and a half too low. Since been raised up. It has stock travel suspension on it right now, once we go long travel the ride height will come up some more.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Dry is fine.

All the classes I know that have a min weight are measured dry. Score chassis tags require the car to be wet and in race trim. Calculating fuel is easy, just by looking as your pictures I would guess your fuel cell is 20-22 gal? At 6.15 lbs per Gal that is another 123-135 lbs.

I'm with Matt I think most of these cars need to go on a diet. Hitting the 1800 lb mark would be great. I think in order for the UTV to be competing with the 1600 cars in time, they are going to need to be in that weight range, and I still think the rules need to be adj to allow a bigger tire, up to 33 inch maybe? That is the standard size tire in all the limited buggy classes. I think you guys would be shocked to see how much bigger of a hole you can go over vs. go into with a bigger tire. Then again I'm still surprised to see teams choosing to run tires smaller then the 30 inch allowed. A course then you will a new challenge in the CVT dept as I dont know if the belts could handle a 33 in tire for long.
it is the cv joints i am worried about.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
ready to race, tooled out, with 12 gallons of fuel in it, only lacking a spare rear axle, it is 1835.
You are 'Johnny Rotten' (punk rock star reference). That is light for a XP-4 with fuel, and tools. Nice job!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Problem solved! Now get the promoters to allow a 33 inch max tire!

I knew you could replace or tune the CVT. But I thought the rules stated the gear box had to remain stock? Or is it the manufactures stock design must be kept, but ratio changes and internal aftermarket replacement parts are OK?
I think larger O.D. tires may be in Pro UTV racing's future, but...not now. We have good consistent rules now and we just need to see the car count continue to grow. I would have to check with Jake and Cory, but I think you could change the ratio of the stock gear box and still be within the rules. As far as I know Polaris doesn't offer any lower ratios.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Congrats on winning the first race in the new car that is very impressive. Did you get to use the front bumper on anyone?

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Congrats on winning the first race in the new car that is very impressive. Did you get to use the front bumper on anyone?

thx!
yes i had to use the front push bar 2 or 3 times this race.

Aug 3, 2013
Justin this is exactly the thread I've been looking for. Awesome build from an awesome shop. Would love to get to this point of racing but I'm a long way off. What size tires are you running. Also if you where gonna take this car and race KOH, what changes would you make to tire size, gearing and suspension being that long of a wheel base?

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Justin this is exactly the thread I've been looking for. Awesome build from an awesome shop. Would love to get to this point of racing but I'm a long way off. What size tires are you running. Also if you where gonna take this car and race KOH, what changes would you make to tire size, gearing and suspension being that long of a wheel base?
Thx Don, we are using ITP ultra cross 30" tall tires. A long wheelbase car would not be competitive in koh in my opinion, I would still run 30" tires tho, no gear change needed just low gear selector. High centering is just gonna be worse in long wheel base. This car is a purpose built desert racing machine.

Aug 3, 2013
Thx Don, we are using ITP ultra cross 30" tall tires. A long wheelbase car would not be competitive in koh in my opinion, I would still run 30" tires tho, no gear change needed just low gear selector. High centering is just gonna be worse in long wheel base. This car is a purpose built desert racing machine.
Im not sure why im so hung up on the 4 seaters but I love em. I missed this car in action and Can't wait to see it run. Awesome machine for sure. Hopefully I will be calling yall soon for some parts.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Im not sure why im so hung up on the 4 seaters but I love em. I missed this car in action and Can't wait to see it run. Awesome machine for sure. Hopefully I will be calling yall soon for some parts.
Thx again!
We are building 3 more of them right now for customers who will be joining the desert racing action later this season.

wanab4x4

May 2, 2015
love the build! we at Ivan stewart motorsports are also building one we don't know if we are gonna go production class or unlimited in bitd ! but we will be along side ! late in 2015 and fully in 2016 !

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
love the build! we at Ivan stewart motorsports are also building one we don't know if we are gonna go production class or unlimited in bitd ! but we will be along side ! late in 2015 and fully in 2016 !
Awesome!! Cant wait to see what you guys come up with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000