Cognito Polaris Rally Raid Build RZR XP4

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
A utvunderground.com member from North Carolina had been following our Cognito Best In The Desert build and then our racing this season, shown below. This member really liked the look of our car as well as could see we are very competitive with it. We are fortunate enough to now call this forum member a customer, as his brand new 2012 Polaris RZR XP 4 900 was just shipped out here to California to begin a build that will compete in the 2013 season of UTV Rally Raid! http://utvrallyraid.com/
Stay Tuned!!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Thats Awesome guys !!! Cant wait to see the results!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Stock seats are coming out, new Corbeau baja xp seats will take their place, but will be lowered and moved back, the nice thing about building a 2 seater from the long wheel base 4 seater is we have room to move the seats back. Therefore all stock seat mounting is being removed along with all the extra steel and plastic that is un needed for this build. no stock seat belts either, we will use DJ Safety 3"x3" 5 point harnesses. At this point all the un wanted is gone, new seats are positioned and mounted, which means we are just about ready to begin building the chassis. Progress pics below!

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
Thats cool...You going to strengthen the frame?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Thats not needed for pictures in the parking lot :rolleyes::rolleyes:........Sorry just BSing you........you have to see the final builds....really nice & strong...not overkill

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thats cool...You going to strengthen the frame?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
We cut out the outer rail 1" square tubing and add in a piece of 1.5" chromoly. That and adding the rest of the cage structure adds plenty of strength to the frame.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Here is a couple update pictures. More to come....hopefully sooner this time rather than later.
New custom dash with 7" Lowrance GPS, and then a quick rear view of the chassis.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Here is the latest progress! Cage is built, tins mounted, radiator mounted in rear, light wing/box built, fuel filler mounted, custom aluminum dash built. A lot left to do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000