Kawasaki Cognito Motorsports Teryx

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
So for the last 6 weeks we have been trying to get the shop teryx ready for the WORC's ANZA race and after 3 long nights this weekend we are looking like we are gonna make it. As of friday afternoon we had just about all of our parts necessary from several different Vendors.

The to Do list:

Install built 800 cc teryx motor
strip out stock wiring harness
Install new FI harness
convert it from Carb to FI
Install new Muzzy exhaust
Istall new fuel pump
build new fuel lines
modify shifter tower to clear the new throttle bodies and air cleaners
Build adapters for our new K&N airfilters
Install PCI Race Radio and Intercom
Install Race air
Install fuse block to protect all of our new parts
Mount New 26x9x12 Baja Crosses with tire balls

We at some point 4 people worked on this car this weekend and I say there was a combined 40 hours put in. We have a bit left to do this week but i think we are on track to be in ANZA next friday!!!

We need to Thank a few Vendors for helping us out along the way and some on last minute notice.

First and foremost Chad at Madhouse Motorsports, He has chased down all the must have race parts for us that we were going to need to make this happen. And some of it was last minute OEM Kawi parts.

We would like to Thanks ITP for setting us up with 5 Beadlock wheels and 5 new Baja Crosses, K&N Airfilters for coming thru last minute on our filters and prefilters, And Joes racing for Steering Wheel, adapter, and all the other cool little parts they hooked us up with.

We still have some work to do but we are getting close now!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Looks awesome jim .....lets see some more pics ..make sure you have front and rear go pro !!!!

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
cant wait to see you guys this weekend Jimbo
I was looking forward to see'n you too Joey!
Good luck!!! :cool:
Thanks for the well wishes!!

Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Converting to FI is a ton of work.
Ill post some more pics once we get the car closer together....As of right Now we have thrown in the towel for the ANZA race. We were able to fire the car last night for the first time...After fighting bad ECU's, Sensors not working and all the other problems that we encountered only to find that we are blowing coolant out the exhaust. :( Anyways...hopefully we can get it cured and show up to another event here in Cali.....maybe the next VORRA race?:cool:

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Glenn helen short course may 20/21 good shake down.
Is that a Lucas race? I dont think the car will be very competive in short course...I think the seating position is way too high...even tho the seats are dropped 3 or 4 inches.....Might be fun and a good shake down tho.

FBT

Hey Jim I know you are already busier than a one-armed paper hanger, but I have never seen a write-up on the EFI conversion and if you ever have the time I am sure us 08 guys would love to see how you are doing it and what the costs are.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Is that a Lucas race? I dont think the car will be very competive in short course...I think the seating position is way too high...even tho the seats are dropped 3 or 4 inches.....Might be fun and a good shake down tho.
you would be surprised. yes LOORRS, but also watch for the Lucas regional races there, less entry fees also.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Hey Jim I know you are already busier than a one-armed paper hanger, but I have never seen a write-up on the EFI conversion and if you ever have the time I am sure us 08 guys would love to see how you are doing it and what the costs are.
Ill see what I can do:D

what head gaskets did you use? cometic? part# ?
They are cometic...but thats not the problem. Justin Got rowdy when he started porting these heads and went a little too far...well he welded them up, but I guess it needed a little more weld.:eek:

you would be surprised. yes LOORRS, but also watch for the Lucas regional races there, less entry fees also.
Sounds like fun...Might just be a reason to go!

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
UPDATE!!

Well we have been working on the Cognito Teryx since the ANZA race. We decided at ANZA that we were going to try and make the Blue water GP. As alot of you may know, the BiTD rule's are quite a bit tighter than what the WORC's series requires so we have been very busy getting the Shop rig up to spec...After 3 frustrating days trying to tune a custom FI conversion I think we have the car pretty close to dialed in for the race. All we have left is to finish re assembling all of the crap you have to remove to get to the engine. So it looks like we will be loaded tomorrow afternoon and headed out to Parker for the Blue Water GP friday morning!!

What did we have to do to get up to par for Bitd?

Aluminum roof
window nets
splash pannels behind the seats
fire wall
aluminum engine cover
bolt down the seats
add some V bars
horns
Rear amber and blue lights (Thanks Rigid!!!!!)

Not to mention all the other upgrade to get us to the finish line!!! We will see everyone in Parker!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000