Cognito goes Racing ! California City Super Course Series round 3

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

Cognito Motorsports' Keenan Rogerson - Polaris RZR XP900

Cognito Motorsports attended the Super Course Round 3 in Cal City this past weekend, put on by Alta Vista Events. The course was technical, tight, and rocky and obviously dusty. Cognito Drivers Justin Lambert in the Kawasaki Teryx and Keenan Rogerson in the Polaris RZR XP900 pre-ran the course on Friday in preparations for the following mornings race. Saturday morning the green flag dropped as all UTV racers fought for position in a cloud of dust! Again, this course was tight and technical to say the least, and unfortunately Justin got the Teryx off course due to the dust and ended up in a rocky ravine and out of the race on the first lap with a broken rear stub shaft! Keenan pressed on in the XP and was working his way to the front of the pack and in the second lap took the lead. Less than half way into the 3rd lap, a flat front tire slowed Keenan down until he made it the rest of the way around the course and into the pits for a tire change and then back into 3rd place. Roughly half way through lap 4 Keenan again overtook 2nd place and was in hot pursuit of Phillip who was 10 minutes ahead. Phillip made it across the start/finish in enough time to make a 6th lap, and Keenan's 5th lap was a race against the clock to try and make it past the start/finish before the 2 hour time limit was up. That 5th lap, Keenan made the fastest UTV lap time of the Day at over 1 minute shorter than any other, that’s flying! Unable to cross the start/finish before the time limit was up Keenan in the Cognito RZR XP900 took a respectable 2nd place!

Congratulations to the Race winner Phillip Martin of Tower works racing! Phillip broke his stock rear sway bar at the WORCS race in Idaho, and turned to Cognito Motorsports for a direct replacement chromoly unit that worked flawlessly!

Congratulations to Cognito Motorsports Team Driver Keenan Rogerson for the second place finish and the fastest lap time of the day!!! The XP was outfitted with a Cognito sway bar after breaking the stock unit at the WORCS Anza race earlier in the season. To blast through the rough terrain in record breaking time, Keenan is successful with Cognito Motorsport Custom RZR XP, direct OEM replacement Fox Racing Shox with dual speed compression and rebound adjusters, and most importantly, Bottom Out Cup technology!

Congratulations to ALL racers that was able to finish this technical race course!!

Cognito Motorsports driver Justin would like to thank Fox Racing, Rigid Industries, ITP Tires, K&N Filters, Summer Brothers Racing, and Joes Racing Products for all the help and support that has been given!!

Cognito Motorsports driver Keenan Rogerson would also like to thank Fox Racing, Queen Racing, K&N Filters, and Maxima USA for all the help and support that has been given!!

Last edited by a moderator:

goob

Jun 12, 2011
I guess it would be hard for Jim to answer the question about the corbeau seats since it is my car. I'll have to talk him in to catching a ride with me one day. The seats are very comfortable and have held me in through some pretty rough terrain. I am very satisfied with the seats.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Welcome to the underground Keenan!!!! Thanks guys the race was alot of fun even though I was just helping out in the pits!:DI am pumped for the next one and then V2R!!!

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
I guess it would be hard for Jim to answer the question about the corbeau seats since it is my car. I'll have to talk him in to catching a ride with me one day. The seats are very comfortable and have held me in through some pretty rough terrain. I am very satisfied with the seats.
My bad. Cool they look like they would be pretty comfortable and definitely hold you in well. Thanks for the info.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
My bad. Cool they look like they would be pretty comfortable and definitely hold you in well. Thanks for the info.
No worries shawn, I gave keenan a call to tell him he had questions to awnser that I couldnt:) Keenan is the owner/driver we are just helpin out where we can:D

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I wish I could get ahead of the game and get to one of these races to watch instead of just reading about it after the fact.
Looks likes everyone had a good time. To bad it wasn't this weekend because there was a little rain out there this week.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I wish I could get ahead of the game and get to one of these races to watch instead of just reading about it after the fact.
Looks likes everyone had a good time. To bad it wasn't this weekend because there was a little rain out there this week.
Come on out to the next one. I belive its August 5.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000