Cognito BITD build PerkinsDirt #1946

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Kent Perkins has been racing the PerkinsDirt #1946 Polaris RZR XP900 in Best In The Desert (BITD) for a couple seasons now and has decided to go with Cognito in building a new long wheel base chassis. We purchased a 4 seat frame, wiring harness, and driveline, will build out the chassis, and swap over most of the components from Kents 2 seat car into the new 4 seat chassis.

We strip down all the unwanted plastic and steel and then start building from the ground up, also gusseting the front end of the frame to take the abuse that the Cognito 1918 car has taken all season in BITD and at the Baja 1000.

After gusseting the front of the frame, seats are mounted and then the tubing work has begun!

[/URL][/IMG]

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
Nice!!!!
I see a tig welder lead laying on the front in your last pic. Your going to tig the car ?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
can I just come live in your shop ?
As long as you bring the Pizza!!

I'll drop you off on my way to work everyday.... To bad I'm not into marketing....they were hiring...talk about dream job, awesome peeps and products!!!!
We still need a marketing guy

I was thinking the same thing.
Boy talk about changing shirts!!! Not only would it be a Murry Motorsports to Cognito Motorsports...but it would also be Canned Ham to Polaris:eek::D

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
here is some more main chassis progress this week, we also had the fuel cell arrive which is a 15 gallon unit from Harmon Racing Cells.

[/URL][/IMG]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000