Clutch Maintenance [falconron]

falconron

Jan 19, 2016
Jax Fl
Honda 500 Pionner [ slow polk] All gear drive. Low maintenance I hope. Ive had a lot of clutch maintenance on all types of these belt drive systems, they are a lot of fun as far as performance. These are all hi maintenance systems. Ive owned 05 Kaw brute force 750, 07 Can am 800 renegade.
Here is the general rule on these clutch systems, they all seam to were pretty fast. The harder you play the faster you pay. Here's a good rule keep the belt box clean, cool, dry and use speical type of lube on clutch bushings primary and secondary assembles. Lube the bushing only sparingly! If your new to these type systems make sure you have a good service manual. I like the idea of air filter, and hi volume fan and and quick service connecters for belt box. It take me 20 years to were out a wet clutch on a 300 honda 4x4 atv,
800 mile to were out a 07 can am pri clutch. If you plan on owning these type of clutch system's I suggest you learn how to work on them, get all the special tool's you need off ebay. Of course don't forget about the utube education center, lol. If your lucky the minimum is every 100 hours for belt change and lube bushing's on all of these type systems. If your not sure of what your getting into on these type on clutch system's look at the service manual on this system before you purchase. If im not mistaken all these system's require maintenance every 100 hour's minimum. We ride at Huges creek west Virginia Bring a gps or get lost. A short ride is usually 60 mile's round trip. The name of my atv club is Kelly's creek ATV club. We have about 20 plus members. We have had as many as 27 pepople on a ride. UTV and ATVs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000