Class 9 vs UTV challenge (no excuses Joey)

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
"The completion is between the Utv 9, 5-1600 and champ car"

Kenny (snore guy)

I'm out. Good luck to whoever still goes and watch your 6!

See everybody in 2015!

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
looks like extreme fog there now. but word from the track is the only utv is doing a lot of passing. wish the best for who ever it is.

dan200

Rep This - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 10, 2011
I went by the timing trailer like a half hour ago. No results posted yet

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I hear the only utv racing was actually running with 2 spare tires on board, yes I said 2.LOL. can anyone confirm?never heard of him, but I sure hope he did good.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I hear the only utv racing was actually running with 2 spare tires on board, yes I said 2.LOL. can anyone confirm?never heard of him, but I sure hope he did good.
well there goes that.LOL.word is the 9 car did 4 laps faster than the utv did 3 . here comes the chit talkin. this will be the rdc talk of the hour soon enough..why the hell would you run with 2 spare tires on an 18 mile course. LOL

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
well there goes that.LOL.word is the 9 car did 4 laps faster than the utv did 3 . here comes the chit talkin. this will be the rdc talk of the hour soon enough..why the hell would you run with 2 spare tires on an 18 mile course. LOL
ok now... that last bit of info came from rdc, but I am now hearing from a guy at the race that the utv did 3 laps in 47 min and the 9 car did 4 laps in an hour and 1 min.....very close.

dan200

Jan 10, 2011
I missed the morning races but, mid day on day one in the pits I saw a race utv with bare metal panels on it. Didn't get the race numbers though. On the drivers side there was one spare mounted really low sorta tucked into the panel from the back just in front of the rear wheel. I've never seen anyone do that before. Pretty interesting design with a decent execution. I never got up close and didn't see the other side of it but I couldn't imagine it NOT having another spare like that on the other side. It would look and probably ride off balanced.

I was at tech all day and it rained all day too so most of the cars came thru under tarps. Literally the only UTV i saw all weekend was that one. When I left tech I was told there was at least 212 cars racing.

The rain the day before the race made for really no dust on race days.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
"A Dakar RZR racer takes on the class 9 challenge at RATR"

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
like I asked over on rdc, did this guy even know there was a bet?does anyone know of him?those spare tire dealios is definitely different. im not sure if it is ingenious or ridiculous.i can see now that only caring 1 spare would throw the car off..

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
It does not really matter. Our class is growing like crazy. Our class media coverage is unmatched. UTV's appeal to sponsors.

It was not a bet, it was a ploy made by a promoter to get some of the UTV frenzy into the SNORE series. It was a good move, the UTV world just did not care. We can't change that. For the time being we will be afraid in their eyes. Our class is solid, our machines are progressing year after year. Our 40 car fields are what every promoter wants, add factory money, epic sponsor support and great media coverage..... Who wouldn't want out class to race their series?

GOLF CART DORK.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
like I asked over on rdc, did this guy even know there was a bet?does anyone know of him?those spare tire dealios is definitely different. im not sure if it is ingenious or ridiculous.i can see now that only caring 1 spare would throw the car off..
That is the type of spare tire set up they use when racing the Dakar.

dan200

Jan 10, 2011
Pretty much a bummer the way all this played out. SNORE/Kenny Freeman had good intentions with this purse/side bet thing. All he wanted to do was put a fun twist and try and entice some if you guys to come race with snore and because of a few egos and attitudes on the forums it turned into a shit show and now it seems has put SNORE in a poor light to many of you. That's unfortunate.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
ffrank said:
First off I don't believe a "9 guy" car OWNER has posted anything negative towards a UTV. As stated I believe Kenny had the best of intentions in making this "fun" bet and offering a nice side pot. They are two totally different vehicles and both deserve their own respect. I don't think a 9 car owner has bragged at all. Yes, 9 cars are the bottom of the gene pool yet still fun to race against other 9 cars. They are cheap easy to fix and have great competition amongst each other. So " UTV guys" it get tiresome hearing how we (9 guys) say this or that, we haven't. There is room for all of us, but we must stay united...
This is what I just posted on RDC...</ASIDE>

Great post! But be honest, there was a lot of poo poo being slung our direction in this thread. It is impossible for me or any other 'golf cart pilot' to tell if the person posting, ownes a class 9 and/or is a real racer, or just someone who likes to fling the aforementioned doo doo. As a refresher of this thread, we as a class have been called 'butt-hurt, scared, slow, bed wetters, uterus, weak, cowards' and the list goes on. Silly and it reaped zero competitive UTV's racing SNORE Laughlin and frankly just confirmed our commitment to race in BITD and SCORE.

The Pro UTV class is growing at a staggering rate. I personally know of 14 new UTV's being built for the start of season and I am sure there are others. One built by Jimco for a former Pro Quad champion. One to be raced by a former trophy truck driver who is the second most winning off road desert driver in history. Maybe the class will die some day, but with the large numbers I think that day will be a long time from now.

I expect 60-70 UTV's to compete at the Mint this year and for the SCORE numbers to continue to increase to become their second largest class. The UTV class has no ill-will toward class 9 or any other class. We honestly don't pay much attention to the other classes unless they cause bottlenecks in a race. As someone rightly said, with the large numbers we focus on racing each other for the race win in class and for the Pro UTV championship. Do we collectively take pride in getting faster each race and each year...absolutely.

Class 9 has found a home with SNORE and I think that is great. But if SNORE's intention was to get UTV's to race their series I would create a class for the older race utv. For example create a 700 UTV class for old race Rhinos, a 800 class for old RZR 800's and Terex's and a 900 class for RZR 900's and John Deeres. There are a ton of these out there and people would love a fun, low cost place to race them.

My 2 pesos. Flame on!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000