Class 9 vs UTV challenge (no excuses Joey)

dan200

Rep This - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 10, 2011
Taken From RDC... http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/class-9-vs-utv-challenge.119284/

<article>
With all the talk about UTV's race speeds after V2R and were they should start I have come up with a sponsor for Rage at the River in Laughlin this year to help shine some light on placement of the UTV's . Race Fuel Energy Drink has put up $500 and will pay the entry fee to Battle at Primm to who ever is the fastest's at Rage between Class 9 and the UTV class. This will be based of both days average MPH of the class winners .
</article>
Because I like to bust his ballz, i felt like I would tell ya what Joey had to say....

"Fun challenge. A decent UTV should wax a 9 car. Just not sure how many competitive UTVS are going to race BAP."

which was later followed by him saying...

"I wouldn't expect any of the top or most competitive UTV teams / drivers / racers to show at BAP. But who knows... Cool challenge nonetheless and hopefully one day we can see this battle played out, however, I already know what the outcome would be barring any mechanical or miracle lol"

(Joey, the event is "Rage at the River", not BAP)

To me (and some others) it kinda sounded like Joey was making excuses in advance.

so I said...

"Since you are the golf kart ring leader, shouldn't YOU coordinate something so that you guys have a hot shoe there to represent? Or is you haz skeered? LOL"

(sorry to anyone who is offended by my golf kart joke. Its just too fun to troll JoeyD because were friends)

Any way, lots of us would like to see a decent UTV turn out and let the chips fall where they may. 500 bucks and a free entry to BAP seems like a nice bonus. Also, this event is way cool. There's actually spectating areas with action. The course is fast. The after hours activities are great. And the entry fees aren't astronomical. $585 (plus another 30 if yer not a member).

You guys have been slowly earning the respect of the buggy dorks and country clubbers and here is another venue to keep advancing.

Make it happen.

dan200

Jan 10, 2011
Please don't feed the trolls... lol

Actually, thanks for posting over here 200. This is a cool challenge. I hope a couple of our teams over here can go and represent and teach these 9 cars a lesson!! Don't call us out! lol
Did I mention that Laughlin has 5 golf courses? LOL

I have no doubt you guys can spank some nine cars. But ya gotta show up to do it.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
SNORE does not bring out anywhere near the fastest UTV teams. But class 9...really? I would say 5/1600 or even class 1/2 1600 (BITD class 2000).

dan200

Jan 10, 2011
SNORE does not bring out anywhere near the fastest UTV teams. But class 9...really? I would say 5/1600 or even class 1/2 1600 (BITD class 2000).
The last SNORE race I went to was BAP. It had a pretty big car count especially in sportsman. But Rage was always pretty good too. The flat stuff is fast but you guys should make it up in the bumps.

But, SNORE has a lot of quick buggy dorks. I would bet you guys could put up some respectable times against them. Even if its not your fastest guys.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I'd tee up take a swing at this tournament. I'm an excellent driver, but I really shine in the rough

Reactions: 1 person

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Here is what I found on the rules. Who is going to hurt some feelings at this race?

GOLF CART DORK.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Bumping this back to the top. SNORERACER on RDC just put up a challenge in response to this thread. He will put up $2500 cash to the fastest UTV or Class 9, so the fastest of the 2 classes and pay for the entry fee of the winning racer.

Not only is it a good deal because a UTV should beat Class 9, its also a chance to Pre-Run the UTV World Championship course in Laughlin!!

Just passing it along..

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
I forgot to measure my car today, but long travel on a 1000 is wider then 74" I do believe.

I had thought about going just for seat time in my new car.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
well we are gonna give my car a huge push to see if we can make it .have to finish welding cage,finish firewall,make dash,rebuild motor(swingarm is doing so not part of my time ) and reinstall, all wiring and get it wrapped. my biggest issue is I still have the stock axles and haven't been able to upgrade them(huge weak link)..I have a lot of stuff to sell and hoping that happens to help me afford all this.long travel would be nice but not in the cards right now.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Honestly, I don't get this challenge. We (the UTV community) races the top two desert racing series in the northern hemisphere and somehow some 35 year old class wants to challenge us in a 'B-level' (yes I said that) racing series? Negative! If they want to play, simply come out to a BITD or SCORE event and show us how fast they are. Class 9 is more fit for NORRA than SCORE. We have been hammered for YEARS as being 'golf carts' and not worthy. But we are getting faster, the finishing rate is amazing as of late, and our entries continue to grow. Typically we are one on the top three classes in terms of entries. I am very proud to say I am a UTV dork and don't need to cow down to a class that has 8" of front travel, 10" of rear 'swing axle' travel and produces something like 70 hp. WTF? My fear is that some UTV that is not representative of our speed in BITD and SCORE, takes this challenge, and make us look like a joke to the desert racing community. Sorry about the rant, but I like others hate people continually bagging our awesome, growing class and community. Viva Utes! :D

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000