Yamaha chassis width

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
i have been making lots of progress on my build, pics will be up soon. some friends that have come checked it say it looks to wide??? give me your input on my dimensions please???

a pilar and roof width 59"
door bar width 71"
bottom of frame width 64"
from floor to roof 50"

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
i am dropping the seats all the way down and needed to make it that wide to fit them.

747ink

hey just wanted to let you know that your a pillar is the same as both kayla smith and john dempsey and I have a hood that will fit . Our roof to floor is 40" are you lowering your dash?

Last edited by a moderator:

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
thank you for the offer but i have an empyre wide body kit already. and yes i lowered my dash. top of hood/dash is 26" off the floor. did you say your roof is at 40" off the floor?? im kinda tall and round :) so i wanted a little more head room and a taller roof height to get my beer belly over the door bar.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
My old car A pillar was 60 inches and I had wished it wasnt that wide but?

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
hey just wanted to let you know that your a pillar is the same as both kayla smith and john dempsey and I have a hood that will fit . Our roof to floor is 40" are you lowering your dash?
40" roof to floor? wow.

Mine is 50" and Im 6'3", and I had to drop my suspension seat as far as it would go to give me 3" helmet clearance, after adding the X bar into the roof (newish LOORRS rule). I cant imagine 40". But Im really tall. I guess with a non suspension seat, maybe.

Of course when we built mine, nobody was really lowering the dash/hood. Mine is now probably 3" lower than stock.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
thank you for the offer but i have an empyre wide body kit already. and yes i lowered my dash. top of hood/dash is 26" off the floor. did you say your roof is at 40" off the floor?? im kinda tall and round :) so i wanted a little more head room and a taller roof height to get my beer belly over the door bar.
Watch tire clearance at full bump with a wide hood like that, and a lowered dash. I got a wider hood and had to trim it a lot, and still have the tires hitting at full bump. Im currently running my narrower/stocker hood until I can get it fitted the way I want.

livnlo

Feb 1, 2010
i will get some pics up for you guys today. i have a build thread started and will be updating that as well. thank you guys for all your input it really does help!!

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
i have been making lots of progress on my build, pics will be up soon. some friends that have come checked it say it looks to wide??? give me your input on my dimensions please???

a pilar and roof width 59"
door bar width 71"
bottom of frame width 64"
from floor to roof 50"
mine is
roof width----57 1/2''
door bar-----72 1/2''
bottom frame-65''
floor to roof --42''
and from garage floor to roof at ride height is--52''

Members online

Forum statistics