Central Oregon Offroad Race Park - 2013 Short Course Series

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Only 40 days until the green flag drop at the COORP 2013 season opener. For those of you in the pacific northwest, dust off those helmets,polish up those wheels,and bring your vehicles out. This is an awsome track,great people,and the only place to watch wheel to wheel off road racing in the PNW there are classes from unlimited full size to buggy,to tuff truck, Trophy Kart and SxS/UTV so everyone can race.

Welcome to the 2013 racing season of Central Oregon Off-Road Race Park (COORP). 2013 will host an expanded scheule of 4 race events, each race will also feature a ladies race which will crown a series winner and the end of the season.

With more of a hometown feel where family and friends are welcome to come and hang out, the racing and battling will be taking place on a groomed track right in front of all the different viewing areas. A Full day of racing and a vendor area and food vendors make for the perfect family outing.

As for the racing, it is going to be on a .6 mile closed loop course built with the natural desert terrain in Redmond, Oregon. The rock and dirt make it a fast yet challenging track. With 5 or more comprising a class, the side-by-side racing will allow for lots of entertainment for both the racer and the crowd.
http://centraloregonracepark.com/racing-information/
go to the website for more information.

spread the word...

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Great info for the NorCal off road racers! You guys are doing a great job BlueCoyote! Hope I can make it up one day!

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Thanks for the encoraging words Dirty, working on what was started...You are welcome any time, Roo has your seat in the VIP section warmed up...

COORP is the real deal, very similar to a Lucas Regional event, great family atmosphere, great racing for Trophy Karts to Pro2 / Trophy Trucks.

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
What one heck of a race at the Central Oregon Offroad Race Park round #1 in Redmond OR on April 27th. A record 24 SxS entries - 20 in the stock class and 7 in the unlimited class! A total of 53 entries including trucks and buggies.
Representing the Mavericks were K Goodrich and the PacNORE.com Blue Coyote.
The PacNORE girls have 1000's of photos to go thru, but here are some of my favorites:

Providing RzR support...

This is why my main rails are 1.75x.120 DOM and the doors 1.50x.095 tube....
Other cool racing:

Race report:
1997 PacNORE/ ProCaliber / Devious Powersports / Mid Valley Metals / Cam Am Maverick had a great race. We arrived Friday at the COORP track in Redmond OR on Friday and did some final tuning. With 20 SxS in the Limited SxS class we had work to do. With so many entries, they ran 2 sets of heats. First heat race we finished 2nd. Heat 2 had an invert but we still finished 3rd. The main had 18 entries - we started 6th, and after 15 crazy laps we finished 5th, including the dramatic final turn excitement with a RzR that tried to hug the inside (and did not, we kept him upright...). The Devious Powersports Pro Armour 5pt belts kept me safe in the car, and the over built doors kept the RzR out of the driver area. The Maverick performed flawlessly, plenty of power. Shocks- they will be heading to CT Racing so we can handle the rough stuff so we can take the podium at the next race...
It was good to meet up with Chis of Devious, Murry with Muzzys and K Goodrich.

If you live in the NW and are looking to race, then COORP is your place - with classes from Trophy Kart to Pro2/ Unlimited truck there is a class for everyone.

Nhward1

Mar 15, 2013
Nw
Wouldn't call it rzr support, you pulled a good draw race 1, race 2 pushed you around the track for 8 laps, Erwin and I pushed pushed you for 12 in the main, I definitely, wouldn't call it rzr support, I'm no pro but I don't think blocking is good racer etiquette. Great day and great racing overall. Looking forward to next time !

Poopy

May 16, 2013
Wouldn't call it rzr support, you pulled a good draw race 1, race 2 pushed you around the track for 8 laps, Erwin and I pushed pushed you for 12 in the main, I definitely, wouldn't call it rzr support, I'm no pro but I don't think blocking is good racer etiquette. Great day and great racing overall. Looking forward to next time !
Maybe you need to be a bit more aggressive and learn to pass. Short course is all about being aggressive. :D;)

Nhward1

Mar 15, 2013
Nw
My profile pic is the last turn, exchanged some paint and parts! About as rowdy as I want to get !!

Poopy

May 16, 2013
Looks like fun!

I got this rowdy last year.... pushed sideways off a table top jump. Im the one on the bottom. lol

Poopy

May 16, 2013
I posted a reply but it disappeared...weird, anyways....that looks like good fun!

Poopy

May 16, 2013
Kamloops BC, korrbc.ca, luckily no injuries and I made the newspaper lol. The black truck ended up getting sold to a racer at COORP. :D

Poopy

May 16, 2013
Lol nice , hey they do any sxs racin up there?

Yes sir! Shaping up to be the biggest class now. $10,000 purse for the Pro-Production 1000cc UTV class. 4 races, so $2500 per race to that class alone. :D First race this sunday.

Poopy

May 16, 2013
Guess I'm going to have to break down and renew my passport !!
No rush....theres a bridge that needs fixing on the I-5. :eek::D We missed that by 5 mins or so....saw the big blue bin heading south on our way home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000