cbs baja 500 vs red bull mint 400

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Both were good, I was really surprised with the Baja episode. It was much better than previous Baja shows.

Both show UTVs, Baja did a nice feature on Matt Parks but The Mint show broke down the entire UTV race and showed more UTV coverage by far.

Either way, to get the love we as the UTV received from both shows was huge. Figure both shows only featured Trophy Trucks and then only UTVs after. Pretty special and we can thank Polaris for that since they sponsor both SCORE Baja and Mint 400.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I thought the Baja coverage was much better with the feature on Parks and talking about the UTV field growing. Also, I am sure Johnny did not mind the close up of his UTV, Inc ride! :D

My guess is you will see more UTV coverage in the broadcast for the 1000.

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
Both were huge accomplishments, no other class was covered. Baja 500 didn't even show class 1's. I'm sure we'll gain some extra haters from the other classes.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I love Baja and personally dont think a loop race normally compares but I really liked the fact that the Mint show was 2 hours. Bryce nerfing Robby was pretty f'n cool also.
I am just happy to see coverage of offroad racing on TV. You gotta love Polaris for sponsoring this stuff and getting the UTV's some love.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I was able to watch my recorded baja show today and was impressed!!!! Trophy trucks and UTV's, what more could a guy ask for???? Well, maybe more UTV coverage, but hey, like mentioned, I didn't see any other class get recognized... It's awesome to see mainstream coverage of desert racing like I used to be able to watch as a kid growing up in the 80's and 90's, a big THANKS goes out to the corporations that sponsor the coverage so all of us average joes can keep on dreaming...

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Either way, to get the love we as the UTV received from both shows was huge. Figure both shows only featured Trophy Trucks and then only UTVs after. Pretty special and we can thank Polaris for that since they sponsor both SCORE Baja and Mint 400.
I've been meaning to post these words ever since Sunday!

Thank you Polaris! Thank you! :D

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
<table class="tborder" id="post154902" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" align="center" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" id="currentPost"> RANT WARNING!!

Here comes another rant, so all you 'haters of the rant' can save the aggravation, and skip this post. (although you will be missing a doosey if you do!)

In regards to "showing love" for the 1900 class, it is my opinion that the Mint coverage was leaps and bounds above the smokescreen, ahem, the television coverage that was this years Baja 500. As I said back in April, I wasn't sure how they were going to overlook our victory in the upcoming Baja 500, but now I know.

04-05-2014, 11:20 AM
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding:0px"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2"></td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> badassmav

Full Throttle
</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Jun 2013
Name: reid johnson

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_154902">
Re: UTVUnderground Presents: 2014 Mint 400 Highlight Video - Polaris Racing
<hr style="color:#191919; background-color:#191919" size="1"> W
W!
Awesome coverage, as always guys! I do understand the source of funding for the coverage, and therefore, the exclusivity of it. Makes me wonder how Polaris is going to address their dilemma when covering this years Baja 500 and 1000? I guess a 2nd place finish is worth bragging about
!

But one must admit, it kind of gives credibility to my rant last month about the Polaris guy's not even acknowledging us, dont you think?
So BRP, if you want to keep the leader in UTV sales in your cross hairs, now is the time to throw some more scratch in the game. If the main record of your racing successes come in the form of news print, it's going to be a tough sell! Yeah, I know. Things would be better if I'd just pipe down. I get that alot!

They (Polaris) were so spiteful in not wanting to acknowledge (there's that word again) our win, that they railroaded Brandens hard earned second place finish, as well as the other Polaris teams' efforts. It doesn't hurt my feelings, but it sure would if Can-am overlooked their sponsored teams hard earned results, all in an effort to blackball the winning Manufacturer from airtime that they earned! .

Tell me Polaris had no say in the content of the television airing of the 500, and I will apologize for this rant, and hobble away with my tail between my legs. The fact that the TV coverage included a 3 minute history lesson on Polaris' past domination in the class instead of covering the race they were interrupting tells me otherwise. The only time during the show that they did not talk about the 2014 Baja 500, was the spot on MP :confused:. (Please Matt, no offense to you or the JX team is meant.)

I guess now we know how they "addressed the dilemma" of the Baja beating I predicted in April. I agree Joey, that the fact the coverage only showed TT's and a bit of utvs is showing love for the 1900 class over all others not shown, but one must admit that Brandens hard earned 2nd at the Baja was spitefully overlooked in an effort to railroad a Can-am win. We both know that if Polaris won the race, they would have used the airtime to summarize the UTV race and results, instead of airing a 3 minute piece on their past successes. Hell, it might even have warranted a second hour of coverage:rolleyes:.

I hope they re-evaluate the coverage of the upcoming Baja 1000. That race is going to take a lot out of a lot of teams. Maybe I'll just go away. That would certainly be a welcome vacancy to most!! Sorry guys, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

I'm done! Now, lets light up this thread!!!

</td></tr></tbody></table>

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
<table class="tborder" id="post154902" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" align="center" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" id="currentPost"> RANT WARNING!!

Here comes another rant, so all you 'haters of the rant' can save the aggravation, and skip this post. (although you will be missing a doosey if you do!)

In regards to "showing love" for the 1900 class, it is my opinion that the Mint coverage was leaps and bounds above the smokescreen, ahem, the television coverage that was this years Baja 500. As I said back in April, I wasn't sure how they were going to overlook our victory in the upcoming Baja 500, but now I know.

04-05-2014, 11:20 AM
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding:0px"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2"></td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> badassmav

Full Throttle
</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Jun 2013
Name: reid johnson

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_154902">
Re: UTVUnderground Presents: 2014 Mint 400 Highlight Video - Polaris Racing
<hr style="color:#191919; background-color:#191919" size="1"> W
W!
Awesome coverage, as always guys! I do understand the source of funding for the coverage, and therefore, the exclusivity of it. Makes me wonder how Polaris is going to address their dilemma when covering this years Baja 500 and 1000? I guess a 2nd place finish is worth bragging about
!

But one must admit, it kind of gives credibility to my rant last month about the Polaris guy's not even acknowledging us, dont you think?
So BRP, if you want to keep the leader in UTV sales in your cross hairs, now is the time to throw some more scratch in the game. If the main record of your racing successes come in the form of news print, it's going to be a tough sell! Yeah, I know. Things would be better if I'd just pipe down. I get that alot!

They (Polaris) were so spiteful in not wanting to acknowledge (there's that word again) our win, that they railroaded Brandens hard earned second place finish, as well as the other Polaris teams' efforts. It doesn't hurt my feelings, but it sure would if Can-am overlooked their sponsored teams hard earned results, all in an effort to blackball the winning Manufacturer from airtime that they earned! .

Tell me Polaris had no say in the content of the television airing of the 500, and I will apologize for this rant, and hobble away with my tail between my legs. The fact that the TV coverage included a 3 minute history lesson on Polaris' past domination in the class instead of covering the race they were interrupting tells me otherwise. The only time during the show that they did not talk about the 2014 Baja 500, was the spot on MP :confused:. (Please Matt, no offense to you or the JX team is meant.)

I guess now we know how they "addressed the dilemma" of the Baja beating I predicted in April. I agree Joey, that the fact the coverage only showed TT's and a bit of utvs is showing love for the 1900 class over all others not shown, but one must admit that Brandens hard earned 2nd at the Baja was spitefully overlooked in an effort to railroad a Can-am win. We both know that if Polaris won the race, they would have used the airtime to summarize the UTV race and results, instead of airing a 3 minute piece on their past successes. Hell, it might even have warranted a second hour of coverage:rolleyes:.

I hope they re-evaluate the coverage of the upcoming Baja 1000. That race is going to take a lot out of a lot of teams. Maybe I'll just go away. That would certainly be a welcome vacancy to most!! Sorry guys, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

I'm done! Now, lets light up this thread!!!

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I would be frustrated with the coverage you guys did not receive also if I was in your shoes.

While we did provide our footage to SCORE to use we had no insight to how they would edit their show. I will say though, Polaris had given direction, or agreed to, well before the race, that SCORE highlight MP and JX. It was my understanding that was all Polaris had asked for was that spotlight and not an actual UTV class race breakdown.

I could be wrong but I know the MP spotlight was priority.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I thought both did a good job. Seems to me Polaris got more commercial time and coverage on cbs platform then red bull. can am needs to step up and spend some advertising money or use the money on the canam racers so Polaris talks about second and not first.

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
The fact that both the Mint 400 and the Baja 500 had Trophy/Trick Truck coverage, and also just the "little Golf Carts" is pretty awesome.--How far our class has come. Who would have thought 2-3 years ago UTVs would be shown on major networks. In just a few short years the 1900 class has grown to be one of the largest, and most marketed classes is awesome for both our sport, and our class. It is exciting to see what the next few years will bring, and we must thank the guys who are pushing and Marketing our sport to this level. Even though they are my competition.

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000