Can'am or RZR?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Best thing to do is try and test drive both. One may fit your driving style better or feel more comfortable to you. Both are solid machines and can't go wrong with either.

Another thing to consider is how far away are the dealers from where you live. It sure is much nicer to have a local dealer to roll into for last minute parts, filters or oils.

Polaris has far more aftermarket support compared to Can Am.

Reactions: Carlos 818

Carlos 818

Mar 18, 2015
Here's a hardly used Can Am driven by a soccer mom. It's for sale a smoking deal. It's ready to race tomorrow. Would cost you more than twice as much to build one like this. Plus it's proven but not so much it's been hammered. Hard combination to find.
Nice!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
This is a stock motor in a Factory sponsored car with all the top components. It's not my car but it's a nice car w fresh axles etc for the new owner so they can race it immediately. I'm willing to bet you can get pit support at your first race as well. Has lots of spare parts you need to race incl axles, clutch, wheels, tires etc. $25k is a great deal.

Last pic is with wrap remove how it looks now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carlos 818

Mar 18, 2015
This is a stock motor in a Factory sponsored car with all the top components. It's not my car but it's a nice car w fresh axles etc for the new owner so they can race it immediately. I'm willing to bet you can get pit support at your first race as well. Has lots of spare parts you need to race incl axles, clutch, wheels, tires etc. $25k is a great deal.

Last pic is with wrap remove how it looks now.
I'm looking for a four seater. longer travel.

thank you though.

Last edited:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
By far, the drive train on the maverick is more durable than the xp, but the xp has a much better clutching setup(compared to the non turbO mav). I read in a thread here that polaris is releasing the next version of its xp rzr line in June. I'd wait til then before jumping into the fire. In its current configuration I'm partial to canam because the tranny and Diffs are bullet proof. The cv joints are also a better part, allow for more misalignment (if you're looking for reliable wheel travel), and have a better interface with the diffs. The 4wd is trouble free on the mav, while the polaris has issues with locking in full time. Still though, wait until the new xp is released before buying. Those polaris guys have a way of one upping their competition. Good luck.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
10 to 1 Polaris on the track...... yet 3 Can-Am's in the top 10 in BITD???
And can am is gaining ground in a stacked deck. A few more can am cars and that podium might be all Mavericks. Soon enough. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
10 to 1 Polaris on the track...... yet 3 Can-Am's in the top 10 in BITD???
Let's be fair to the guy..... 3 Can Ams had turbos against only 1 RZR w a turbo. When Can Am was NA and racing RZR NA the Can Am didn't see the podium nearly as often. Only when it was turbo vs NA did they start to podium. Am I wrong?

Regardless I'd wait for the Yamaha to prove itself one way or another.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Let's be fair to the guy..... 3 Can Ams had turbos against only 1 RZR w a turbo. When Can Am was NA and racing RZR NA the Can Am didn't see the podium nearly as often. Only when it was turbo vs NA did they start to podium. Am I wrong?

Regardless I'd wait for the Yamaha to prove itself one way or another.
Wrong

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
True but this year in BITD it's been mostly RZR till the turbo was allowed or so it seemed. I guess the guy can run the stats himself and see but that's how it appeared to me this year.

Don't forget Cory in his old Can Am at b1k did pretty well too.....last yr.

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
I have a 4 seat Maverick Max and every other person we ride with has a RZR. I can say I am out numbered probably 10 to one but that has nothing to do with Polaris being a superior product. It ha to do with Polaris being a superior marketing company. I have gone though 1 belt in the year and a half that I have owned the car. This includes over 300 miles in Baja, 300 miles in mammoth trail riding and many trips to Glamis riding in the sand. I feel that my machine is superior by far just our of sheer reliability. The fit a finish is much nicer and yes there is more leg room but at the end of the day I ride worry free and I don't have to worry about not getting back to camp. I am not saying the Polaris is junk by any means but please do not judge the reliability and superiority of the machines by the number of units sold or raced for that matter.
Just my experience and opinion. Good luck with your purchase.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I was in the same boat trying decide between the two four seaters. I went RZR and have no regrets. Polaris does have some quality control issues that they seem to be unwilling to work on. My front diff is obnoxiously noisy but it is a relatively easy fix to tackle yourself. Other than that I have had almost 1000 trouble free miles. This the article that made my mind up for me.

http://www.utvdriver.com/reviews/20...-vs-2015-polaris-rzr-xp-1000-eps-utv-shootout

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000