Can-Am CanAm Maverick nekid

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Where is the saw and torch? I know you are going to cut and stretch it. It is staring you down begging for a summer project! :D

Can't wait for the progress pictures

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Where is the saw and torch? I know you are going to cut and stretch it. It is staring you down begging for a summer project! :D

Can't wait for the progress pictures
i am trying to fight the urge of streatching it. I pulled all of the plastic off to get it wrapped. But you never know what kind of mood i will be in while its apart.

and yeah its still forsale.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I think it's time for MDD to take a step up from tinkerer to full fledged fabricator! The single, most valuable piece of advice I would offer is to set an achievable goal, and stick to it. I can't remember how many projects that I never finished in the past because I veered off of the original course that was set.

If you need help, I'll be there for you. Not with just an "attaboy" in a public forum, but with tangible information that will help you complete your project. Although you know the Mavereick as well as anyone does, my experience with maximizing, and then racing on the Maverick platform can prove valuable. Positive reinforcement? Blah, who needs that crap!! Save that for your 14 year old when he strikes out on his first date
!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Badassmav - he has been down this road before. He had a rzr he chopped up and put in a motorcycle motor.

Mega has the skills to do it. I have a feeling if he still has his Maverick by the end of June it will be getting chopped and stretched. With your input/help he could turn it into a badassmav#2.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Once you get it wrapped and everything matching I think it will sell.

Who is doing the wrap for you?
i am on the fence about selling it. I have sent out pictures and square footage of all of the panels to a few companies here in AZ. I am waiting on quotes and someone with UTV wrapping experiance.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I think it's time for MDD to take a step up from tinkerer to full fledged fabricator! The single, most valuable piece of advice I would offer is to set an achievable goal, and stick to it. I can't remember how many projects that I never finished in the past because I veered off of the original course that was set.

If you need help, I'll be there for you. Not with just an "attaboy" in a public forum, but with tangible information that will help you complete your project. Although you know the Mavereick as well as anyone does, my experience with maximizing, and then racing on the Maverick platform can prove valuable. Positive reinforcement? Blah, who needs that crap!! Save that for your 14 year old when he strikes out on his first date
!

thanks for the offer, i am just tired of customizing my sxs's to the point where they are not worth selling. I am 90% sure i am going with a LSR long travel kit and re-springing and revalving my stock shocks.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
GO for a big bore kit and a Flash for some more ponies too.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i stopped by 3 automotive wrap shops today and two said no warranty and it might not stick to all of the panels and it would be $1000. The third had no business name on the door and it was locked. I called the number i found on the internet and he said he had to step out to pay a court fee and would be back in a half hour. I told him i was not waiting and left.

so now i am going to look into Plastidip, it looks easy and would cost me $300 with a spray gun. This way i could change the color anytime and touch up scuffs easily.

pretty neat website here https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
You could also call rick over at Cactus Auto Tint , he wrapped his Polaris and looked fine. he does some bad boy cars all day every day up in the Scottsdale Airpark.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
What about UTV, Inc? or the company TMW uses for wraps?

Or there is always Proline here in So. Cal. You would just need a person by you to put the wrap on it.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I used a combo of Plastidip and a wrap from proline. Mega you won't be disappointed. It's like having a whole new car.
Maybe look into hydro dipping as well. The mud guys back east are having good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
thanks for the offer, i am just tired of customizing my sxs's to the point where they are not worth selling. I am 90% sure i am going with a LSR long travel kit and re-springing and revalving my stock shocks.
Mega give me 3 weeks. I'll have something that you'll like.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I used a combo of Plastidip and a wrap from proline. Mega you won't be disappointed. It's like having a whole new car.
Maybe look into hydro dipping as well. The mud guys back east are having good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am looking into gloss white,flat white and a little flat black color scheme out of plastidip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000