Build For Race Without Buying A UTV

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
Don't you just love it when someone ask for an opinion, and when you give it to them, and it's not what they want to hear, they get all butt hurt...:confused:

cek

Yakima my Yakima - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
Don't you just love it when someone ask for an opinion, and when you give it to them, and it's not what they want to hear, they get all butt hurt...:confused:
Yeah. Weird. Maybe just had a few too many beers before he posted..

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
I am an idiot? First '

You are an IDIOT Matt!!!!!!!

Stop posting about shit you are clueless about!

Go back to what you do best. Winning SCORE UTV Pro Championship. And completing EVERY race mile of the year.

You are such clueless moron!

PS: Did they provide a ramp, up to the stage for your walker, when you got your trophy?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I can tell you first hand it cost more to build from the frame up. That's what I'm doing. It's not a race car but just a fun toy. They up charge parts so much it's insane I have paid $50 for $2 part a few times now and it hurts. I have gotten some real good deals on used parts and saved money there. But like it has already been said you get some real crap parts sometimes. I bought some stuff from a salvage yard in AZ and there were all bent to hell. If you have more time then money then buying new is the way to go. If you got a bunch of time to hunt down used parts and no money the frame may be the way to go. It's the small parts that kill you though not the big stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
2013 SCORE IDIOT award. Hahaha Matt Parks is clueless when it comes to desert racing.

This was a very IDIOTIC moment. Wasting all that good Champagne on a WIN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackDog

Jan 21, 2013
San Diego
At first I am thinking "yeah, that is a good point. It could be cheaper to buy only the needed parts." Then I realize how many parts would be needed. Then I see this guy's response when he didn't get the answer he wanted and I think "If everyone is an idiot because he already knows it will work, then why did he ask?" Then I see Amazon sells "How to Win Friends and Influence People" for about $8.00 and realize this guy could use a copy. Friends can sometimes help you go a lot further in Baja than having "lots of money."

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
For how much time you have researched part numbers and looked at parts diagrams, you could have stripped a complete car down to the frame.

Also, what dealer has all of those parts in stock?

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
What an arrogant Asshole. Sounds like he has been on his head too many times in that Midget! Everyone just needs to put this Retard on ignore. He doesn't deserve an answer to any question. Let Mr. " IDIOT " try to figure it out himself, then maybe he will just SCRAM, GO AWAY!

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
I'm sure everyone has drunk posted (not me) a time or two. No harm no foul. Another competitor is always welcome.

Lets get back to talking shit about Matt Parks!

BenAZ

Oct 17, 2013
Whoa! Boys! Slow Down Now! Mucho respect I have for all of you... (If my typing is not perfect thats because I dont specialize in English, I specialize in making money and have secrataries that do that for me. I think things have gone astray, I admit my last post was astrife... To head off the path: Polaris Dealer in Payson AZ hence Chris in parts has been more than awesome coordinating a purchase and will supply just what we need saving apx. $7800 from purchasing a whole car.
2nd: I apologize for calling anyone out as being an "idiot". It was a means of saying I know what the heck I'm doing. If you want credentials I can lay them down, such as our team winning the BAJA 500 in Sportsman Truck 2 years ago, just call Ken Frazier and ask! Winning the USAC Championship and having Tony Stewart drive our USAC Midget to the Championship for him to gain a ride @ Nascar? That too! So back off you bragging fools that have a signature line of what you "Own" No body cares about your toy hauler, and 2 800 quads in the garage! I make very good money and could purchase your belongings in whole by the morning plus some. I am interested in joining and building a 1900 car and team because I believe its good for like minded men and families in a bracket of income that can do it, we have the funds, people, experience, and cloute! You will see us, and you will see us again, so back off, I should not have to prove myself on an internet forum before racing! We will race and we will be competitive! I will not post pictures for proof. I will not post any longer. I will not argue, I will not say a thing. But we will see you this summer... End of this Thread.

cek

Yakima my Yakima - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
I don't see a need to leave. This place needs more racers and like minded peeps. It sounded to me like you were asking for advice and then you got upset when you didn't like what you heard. No harm no foul. If you want to build one from scratch and can do it great for you. Keep us posted I'd like to know. Good luck and hopefully see your build on here and in the desert.

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
You should just stop posting. So far everything you have said is very arrogant and not helpful to your cause.

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Whoa! Boys! Slow Down Now! Mucho respect I have for all of you... (If my typing is not perfect thats because I dont specialize in English, I specialize in making money and have secrataries that do that for me. I think things have gone astray, I admit my last post was astrife... To head off the path: Polaris Dealer in Payson AZ hence Chris in parts has been more than awesome coordinating a purchase and will supply just what we need saving apx. $7800 from purchasing a whole car.
2nd: I apologize for calling anyone out as being an "idiot". It was a means of saying I know what the heck I'm doing. If you want credentials I can lay them down, such as our team winning the BAJA 500 in Sportsman Truck 2 years ago, just call Ken Frazier and ask! Winning the USAC Championship and having Tony Stewart drive our USAC Midget to the Championship for him to gain a ride @ Nascar? That too! So back off you bragging fools that have a signature line of what you "Own" No body cares about your toy hauler, and 2 800 quads in the garage! I make very good money and could purchase your belongings in whole by the morning plus some. I am interested in joining and building a 1900 car and team because I believe its good for like minded men and families in a bracket of income that can do it, we have the funds, people, experience, and cloute! You will see us, and you will see us again, so back off, I should not have to prove myself on an internet forum before racing! We will race and we will be competitive! I will not post pictures for proof. I will not post any longer. I will not argue, I will not say a thing. But we will see you this summer... End of this Thread.
You started out good but went downhill in a hurry, what you fail to understand is that the folks on this forum don't give a shit about your money and clout. They are genuine people who love the sport and to others the hobby. These people work hard to acquire the stuff in their signatures, and work harder to have the time and money to enjoy it with friends and family. So, don't hurt your shoulder patting yourself on the back, nobody here gives a shit.

Reactions: 1 person

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Lol well put Kyle. Rich guy or poor guy we all still put are pants on one leg at a time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
OK BenAZ where do I start? OK if money is not an issues with you why are you spending so much time trying to save $7-8K? Yes $8K is a chunck of money, but your attitude and words tell me $8K in the big picture is not big deal for you! The time you are going to spend chasing parts and trying to figure out what is needed at the end (Nickle & Diming you) will out weigh the $7K. Personally I question how you could save $8K? Especially when BajaXP who would know better then anyone, questions it. BTW he would know better then anyone, not because of his racing experience, but because of where he worked & retired from!

Please feel free to buy all your parts separate and share your experience, good or bad. It will only help & teach others who are also thinking about building a class 1900 car.

Now you say you dont give two shits about anyone else credentials. Yet you start to brag about yours. I think its great for you that you won the Baja 500 in Sportsman truck. I too have one several Score races in much more challenging classes then Sportsman. I have also a BITD championship under my belt, which we also got Rookie or the Year and were second in the Overall Points Championship that year. Ooops was I bragging?

My advice for Ben is to shut up and let your build and on track performance do your talking for you. Because it seems when you come on hear asking or looking for advice, and you dont get what you want, you become arrogant and have to flex you muscles by telling everyone how much money you have, and how you could buy everyone's "Belongings in whole". It makes you look like a Ben AZZ!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
get-r-done...and bring her out....The 1900 class can always use more competition:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000