Blow Out on the way home

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
There is some stuff called "Mistake Remover" That works great too!

The scoop on tires is this, take your trailer down to a scale and weigh it! if you have two axles divide the wight by 4 and that is what you need as a minimum tire load! I would go higher because of two thing the load is not always static, ups and downs on rough roads, and air pressure! If a tire is rated for 3000lb load at 90psi and you have 20% less air than max rating your max load is now 2400lbs! Heat builds and the tread separates! It is very important to compute this for your total load and the tire you'll need!

Example: 16000lb Trailer with three axles I run 6x3000 plus rated tires so you get a load rating of 18000lbs at full air! That gives you some room if your tires aren't full or you lose one! :eek::eek::eek:
First let me thank everyone so far for all the great advice you have given me. I have been doing some research and that has brought created a few more questions.

<table width="321" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3218;width:66pt" width="88"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3364;width:69pt" width="92"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2816;width:58pt" width="77"> <col style="width:48pt" width="64"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height:15.0pt;mso-ignore:colspan; width:135pt" width="180" height="20">31 Ft Thor Tahoe</td> <td style="width:58pt" width="77">
</td> <td style="width:48pt" width="64">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">
</td> <td>GVWR</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">10,900</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">
</td> <td>Hitch Weight</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">1,650</td> <td>
</td> <td>RZR-4 DW</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">1,255</td> <td>
</td> <td>Others</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">500</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>Dry Weight</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">7,235</td> <td>
</td> <td>Payload</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">3,665</td> <td>
</td> <td class="xl64">Total</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">10,900</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Rated D</td> <td>lbs @ 65 lbs</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">2,540</td> <td align="right">10160</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Rated E</td> <td>lbs @ 80 lbs</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">2,830</td> <td align="right">11320</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Rated G</td> <td>lbs @ 110 lbs</td> <td align="right">3750</td> <td align="right">15000</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Looking at the specs of my TH I found a item called payload this item is 3,665 lbs, my question is this just water and fuel or does it included everything that goes on the trailer to include the RZR and other items(food, etc)

<table width="169" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3364;width:69pt" width="92"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2816;width:58pt" width="77"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt;width:69pt" width="92" height="20">Dry Weight</td> <td class="xl65" style="width:58pt" width="77" align="right">7,235</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Payload</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">3,665</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">RZR-4 DW</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">1,255</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Others</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">500</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td class="xl66" style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Total</td> <td class="xl67" align="right">12,655</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
And don't underestimate how much all the "other crap" beside the RZR weighs. Best thing is to load the trailer ready for camping and go get it weighed.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Thank you Jaime, so I'm working with 10,900 so Rated E tires would work just fine. My front pair is still Rated D tires, is it ok for me to put Rated E on the back for now and change the fronts to Rated E at a later time.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Thank you Jaime, so I'm working with 10,900 so Rated E tires would work just fine. My front pair is still Rated D tires, is it ok for me to put Rated E on the back for now and change the fronts to Rated E at a later time.
From the specs you show - 10,900 is max. I'm sure you will get away with E rated tires for awhile. You've been doing it now anyway. Looks like you're loading a$$ heavy.

Get the trailer weighed!!!!! loaded. It will only take a few minutes of your day.

Make "sure" you check the air pressure and lug nuts before each trip.

Also, do a good visual inspection of the tires. Keep the speed down. It really makes a difference and as you can see, a blown tire costs you way more time than going the speed limit. 10-15 minutes saved means nothing.

Just relax and enjoy the scenery for a change. That's why you go out in the first place. :cool:

Reactions: 1 person

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Will do for now I will get D's sense this is what I have now and don't want to change the others, like you said slow down and back in the 4.

Thank you

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I had a new trailer tire blow out at about 300 miles. I will never buy another china trailer tire, just not worth the risk.

Glad to hear you got over OK.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Greenball Transmaters here. They're made in Taiwan. I applied a UVA/B protectant to them and cover them with wheel covers. You can read about the company here About Us

(If you read this you'll notice Goodyear is actually a supplier to Greenball)

They still look new and don't have much wear to speak of, also sidewalls are still good. However, I do back my RZR in to put more weight forward. I also always run 65PSI. That's the max for these tires, load range E, and I am afraid of overheating, so I just pump 'em up.

I don't care what anybody says, you can get crap tires from any company. The biggest thing is how you maintain them. Never use a tire for more than 5 years, especially in a high load condition. You will get delamintation, you can bet on it. Check the code on the tire for the manufacture date. I'll bet money yours are close to 5 years old. I know it's expensive when you don't put many miles on them, but time isn't on your side here. Here's how to read the date : Tire Tech ? How To Read Manufacture Dates - The Octane Report

As others have said, heat is a demon to these things. And of course, speed kills, in more ways than one.
:)

Reactions: 1 person

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Agreed with you, I was moving very fast 70-75 at times, my truck is so strong and my trailer is so light that I can't tell how fast I'm going some times. New rule is no faster then 65 no matter what. The other thing is that I'm going to weight the thing I bet it does not even reach 9000 lbs so D may be just fine. I will plan to purchase G in the future just cause I like having the better tires. This tires are around 4 years old but I will check the built date. About tires from anywhere other then the US that is tough sense most tires appears to be from anywhere other then the US so I agree with you just make sure I take care of them.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
I sent the question below to Greenball.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> I need 4 tires, here is what I have right now.

ST205/75R14 LRC Need 2
Does the 205 size mean that I have 5.5 rims?
Does it mean I need to get 205 or can I get 215?
They do not show what the PSI are per tire, can you please give me the PSI for each?
How much are they? Can I purchase from your site directly or over the phone.

TD14205C ST205/75R14 LRC 26 8.1 5.5 20.7 10 - 1760 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TD14215C ST215/75R14 LRC 26.7 8.5 6 21.2 10 - 1870 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TRC14205C ST205/75R14 LRC 26.1 8 5.5 22.1 10 - 1760 101 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TRC14215C ST215/75R14 LRC 26.7 8.5 6 24 10 - 1870 104 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TRD14205C ST205/75R14 LRC 26.1 8 5.5 23.75 10 - 1760 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TRD14215C ST215/75R14 LRC 26.7 8.5 6 25.75 10 - 1870 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

ST225/75R15 LRD Need 2
What is the difference between the 3 you show on your site?
They do not show what the PSI are per tire, can you please give me the PSI for each?
Can I get pricing for each of them.

TD15225D ST225/75R15 LRD 28.3 8.8 6 27.5 10 - 2540 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TRC15225D ST225/75R15 LRD 28.3 8.8 6 28.6 10 - 2540 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

TRD15225D ST225/75R15 LRD 28.3 8.8 6 29 10 - 2540 100 * Call for Pricing & Availability

Thank you very much.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Goodyear is US made right????

Here is an option

The Marathon Radial is Goodyear's special purpose trailer tire designed specifically for use on travel trailers, pop-up campers, boat trailers and fifth wheel trailers used for hauling everything from race horses to racecars. The Marathon Radial was developed to make towing a trailer more enjoyable and more economical while making it easier to take your big "toys" with you on the weekends.
Special purpose trailer tires are not intended to be used on cars or light trucks.
On the outside, the Marathon Radial features a rounded profile to enhance ride quality, and a symmetric tread design with a solid center rib to provide constant rubber-to-road contact that delivers dependable highway stability, traction and long lasting wear. Internally, the Marathon Radial features twin steel belts (with selected sizes reinforced with nylon cap plies) that stabilize the tread to increase traction and durability. The Marathon Radial features a polyester cord body to help smooth out the trailer's ride.
Special purpose trailer tires are not UTQG rated

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Goodyear is US made right????

Here is an option

The Marathon Radial is Goodyear's special purpose trailer tire designed specifically for use on travel trailers, pop-up campers, boat trailers and fifth wheel trailers used for hauling everything from race horses to racecars. The Marathon Radial was developed to make towing a trailer more enjoyable and more economical while making it easier to take your big "toys" with you on the weekends.
Special purpose trailer tires are not intended to be used on cars or light trucks.
On the outside, the Marathon Radial features a rounded profile to enhance ride quality, and a symmetric tread design with a solid center rib to provide constant rubber-to-road contact that delivers dependable highway stability, traction and long lasting wear. Internally, the Marathon Radial features twin steel belts (with selected sizes reinforced with nylon cap plies) that stabilize the tread to increase traction and durability. The Marathon Radial features a polyester cord body to help smooth out the trailer's ride.
Special purpose trailer tires are not UTQG rated
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Greenball supplied them to Goodyear!!! LOL!!!:D

Yep, made in China!!! Look here... country of origin "CN" Well I'll be damned!!! http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R5MAR8V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes Look under the "specs" tab... BTW, there are no "trailer" specific tires made in the US any longer, so LT is the only other option.

Here's a good site and a little more great info on aging....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=183&

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
First let me thank everyone so far for all the great advice you have given me. I have been doing some research and that has brought created a few more questions.

<table width="321" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3218;width:66pt" width="88"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3364;width:69pt" width="92"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2816;width:58pt" width="77"> <col style="width:48pt" width="64"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td colspan="2" style="height:15.0pt;mso-ignore:colspan; width:135pt" width="180" height="20">31 Ft Thor Tahoe</td> <td style="width:58pt" width="77">
</td> <td style="width:48pt" width="64">
</td> <td>GVWR</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">10,900</td> <td>
</td> <td>Hitch Weight</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">1,650</td> <td>
</td> <td>RZR-4 DW</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">1,255</td> <td>
</td> <td>Others</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">500</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>Dry Weight</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">7,235</td> <td>
</td> <td>Payload</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">3,665</td> <td>
</td> <td class="xl64">Total</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">10,900</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Rated D</td> <td>lbs @ 65 lbs</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">2,540</td> <td align="right">10160</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Rated E</td> <td>lbs @ 80 lbs</td> <td class="xl63" align="right">2,830</td> <td align="right">11320</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Rated G</td> <td>lbs @ 110 lbs</td> <td align="right">3750</td> <td align="right">15000</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Looking at the specs of my TH I found a item called payload this item is 3,665 lbs, my question is this just water and fuel or does it included everything that goes on the trailer to include the RZR and other items(food, etc)

<table width="169" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3364;width:69pt" width="92"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2816;width:58pt" width="77"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt;width:69pt" width="92" height="20">Dry Weight</td> <td class="xl65" style="width:58pt" width="77" align="right">7,235</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Payload</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">3,665</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">RZR-4 DW</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">1,255</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Others</td> <td class="xl65" align="right">500</td> </tr> <tr style="height:15.0pt" height="20"> <td class="xl66" style="height:15.0pt" height="20">Total</td> <td class="xl67" align="right">12,655</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

your payload needs to include the rzr and all other items. so take off 1755lbs off your calcs.

if your tires that came with the trailer, have the weight rating you listed, they are under from the get go. and do not meet the GVWR of your trailer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000