Blow Out on the way home

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
The tires look good but I have to admit that the ones in front look better then the ones on back. when it blew it just went, so we got right off the high way. The blow broke a bunch of plastic and scuffed the paint a bit. So I have to go ask at my local RV place to see if I can get replacement plastics. We called AAA they came in an awesome truck and help us changing the tire but we had gotten the tire off the bottom and removing the overhanging parts, thank you E3 it's like having another adult with me. It was just easier to call them because they come with real nice jacks and air gun.

Anyway here are the pics.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Get it over to the Socal RV Doctor. They will get you fixed up.

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
If you ever want GOOD trailer tires, get Goodyear G614's...I've got over 40,000 miles on my 32' gooseneck since SEMA 2009 and have yet to have one blowout. They are quite expensive ($378 ea), but considering the miles I put on and how 'uneventful' they have been, I'm not complaining.

Glad the only damages were cosmetic...lots of excitement can happen with blowouts!

Reactions: 1 person

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
I was not thinking of going with LT because the blowout was scary enough. These tires are the original ones that came with the trailer but they look good. I guess that 4 years is long enough. I did a close inspection of the tires and for some reason the rear tires wore our just a bit more then the front, actually the front look brand new. One of the things I found out is that the tires for this trailer needs to be rated at 2,540 lbs @ 65 lbs or pressure for this you need these particular Trailer tires rated at D. I have been looking but the only place on the internet where I can find a close tire is the following link. Karrier ST225/75R15 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range D Kenda Tires and Wheels AM10256. The good news is that they are $139.95 a piece, since I'm planing on changing the 2 rear ones this should be ok for now until I change the front ones, I need to purchase some for my open trailer also so I have more expenses then money at this time. Let me know what you guys think about these, this is a site I trust and have order from in the past.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Glad your ok . Maybe we have a vendors on the site that has a hook up. Also I have 3 RV shops near me so if you cant find what your looking pm me what you want and I'll make some calls.Again glad you and you family are safe.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Thank you very much everyone. Papa I will call you guy I need 4 tires because after that experience I want to get new ones for the open trailer. ST 205/75R 14 D.

Class51600

Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Glad your ok . Maybe we have a vendors on the site that has a hook up. Also I have 3 RV shops near me so if you cant find what your looking pm me what you want and I'll make some calls.Again glad you and you family are safe.
Thank you bud, I have Temecula Valley RV looking for the parts now one is plastic and the other aluminum I will see how much the cost after the guys call me back.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Wow !!!! Another one. More stuff broke on the way home than all week. :cool:

Glad you guys are O.K.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
GLAD EVERYONE IS OKAY.
WE HAD OUR INCIDENT BEFORE WE EVER LEFT THE HOUSE. THE NEIGHBOR BACKED INTO THE TRAILER & PUT A 1' SQUARE HOLE IN IT. SO GLAD EVERYONE IS OKAY & ONLY MATERIAL THINGS WERE DESTROYED.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Ernesto I have been there and I too am glad you are okay! You have to go with a TRAILER Tire not a light Truck tire with a least an E rating but a G rating is the best! Chinese tire tend to blow out more often, but we over load our tires and PSI is very important and a tire that runs at 65psi or more is also important some hold over 90psi! All these are expensive but worth what you pay for;) Wood suggested a good tire, but there are a number of them out there! ;)

find a trailer tire in 225/75/15 that has a G rating

you need to go by the pound capacity, not just by the letter.

check out Maxxis tires, they have a 10 ply in that size

---p/n ------- size-------ply---dia---w-----capacity--psi-tread
TL15713000 225/75R15 10 28.3 8.90 ---2,830 ----80 --9/32 -BSW

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
The tires look good but I have to admit that the ones in front look better then the ones on back. when it blew it just went, so we got right off the high way. The blow broke a bunch of plastic and scuffed the paint a bit. So I have to go ask at my local RV place to see if I can get replacement plastics. We called AAA they came in an awesome truck and help us changing the tire but we had gotten the tire off the bottom and removing the overhanging parts, thank you E3 it's like having another adult with me. It was just easier to call them because they come with real nice jacks and air gun.

Anyway here are the pics.

Pretty typical on the WW with the Chinese made trailer tire ..I've seen this happen too many times.... glad your OK & no one got hurt.......first thing I changed on my 4005 WW

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Pretty typical on the WW with the Chinese made trailer tire ..I've seen this happen too many times.... glad your OK & no one got hurt.......first thing I changed on my 4005 WW
IT IS NOT A WEEKEND WARRIOR. I DON'T THINK IT IS A SUPERLITE EITHER. OVER 5 YEARS ON OUR 4005 WW & NO TIRE PROBLEMS OR BEARING PROBLEMS.THIS IS OUR 3RD WW WITH NO TIRE PROBLEMS.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
There is some stuff called "Mistake Remover" That works great too!

The scoop on tires is this, take your trailer down to a scale and weigh it! if you have two axles divide the wight by 4 and that is what you need as a minimum tire load! I would go higher because of two thing the load is not always static, ups and downs on rough roads, and air pressure! If a tire is rated for 3000lb load at 90psi and you have 20% less air than max rating your max load is now 2400lbs! Heat builds and the tread separates! It is very important to compute this for your total load and the tire you'll need!

Example: 16000lb Trailer with three axles I run 6x3000 plus rated tires so you get a load rating of 18000lbs at full air! That gives you some room if your tires aren't full or you lose one! :eek::eek::eek:
I'd add one more thing to this list. "Speed" Faster you go, the harder it is on tires. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000