Black Rhino Driver Gary Thompson 1st in LORORS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Marketing For
Black Rhino/Paramount Motorsports
Tel.: 951-805-1017
Email: [email protected]
www.blackrhinoperformance.com
www.ParamountMotorsports.com

“Black Rhino Driver Gary Thompson Takes Top Spot On The Podium At The Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Seriesâ€

02/23/12 El Cajon, CA – Black Rhino started the 2012 season off with a double in Round 1 of the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series! Gary Thompson, driving the Thompson Roofing/Black Rhino #802 SR1, took home a 1<sup>st</sup> place podium finish and Bryan Osborn, Driving the #1 Black Rhino SR1, took home 3<sup>rd</sup>.

The team from Black Rhino arrived Friday afternoon to begin setting up for the weekend. The #1 and #854 SR1s were unloaded and prepped for the afternoon’s open practice.

This weekend was Jessie Morgan’s first appearance for Black Rhino and the entire team was excited. Morgan looked great at practice when disaster hit; going through the rhythm section following turn four the #854 started swapping on her. This being only Morgan’s third time in an SR1 and her first off road race experience, she unfortunately didn’t commit to the “Golden Rule†of racing, “When in doubt, gas it outâ€! The #854 rolled several times leaving the SR1 beyond repair for the weekend. “I just want to thank Black Rhino for the opportunity to race this weekend and my Crew Chief Kenny Frost for all his hard work. I was bummed I couldn’t race on Saturday to represent Black Rhino out on the track but I am still gaining experience and chock it up as a learning experience. I’m looking forward to the next race which is only a couple weeks away†Morgan said.

Last season, Bryan Osborn took home the Championship driving the old “Flying Banana†#854 SR1. This season Osborn is driving the #1 which was the #899 that Kyle LeDuc drove last year for Black Rhino in the LOORRS. Crew Chief Layton Kramer is working with Osborn to get the car dialed in to his liking. In Saturday’s Practice/Qualifying, Osborn qualified 4<sup>th</sup>. In the heat race Osborn finished 5<sup>th</sup> but had the second fastest lap time. On lap eight of the main event, Osborn was able to pass the #800 who fell off the pace and passed the #814 moving him up to 3<sup>rd</sup>. He was able to hold on to that position to the end giving him a 3<sup>rd</sup> place podium finish. “I wanted the win but it’s always a good day when I can put Black Rhino and all of my sponsors on the podium†Osborn said.

The big winner this weekend was Black Rhino driver Gary Thompson driving the #802 Thompson Roofing/Black Rhino SR1. Gary missed the open practice on Friday but it didn’t matter. The #802 ran in first place the entire weekend never looking back. It was a perfect weekend for Thompson. “My car was handling really good and running strong. Little Gary and I are so happy to have the support from everyone at Black Rhino, what a great group of people. To be on the top of the podium taking home the win for all of my sponsors was the best†Thompson said.

The team at Black Rhino congratulates all of the winners, drivers, teams and families from this past weekend and is looking forward to Round 2 of the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series on March 10<sup>th</sup> at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, CA.

For more information about Black Rhino, please visit their website at www.blackrhinoperformance.com. You can also visit them on their Facebook site at www.facebook.com/BlackRhinoFanPage.

Black Rhino: Setting the trend for today's EXTREME Side X Sides.

To keep informed and/or view photos/video for Bryan Osborn and Paramount Motorsports, go to their website at www.ParamountMotorsports.com and click on the Facebook and/or Twitter icons on the bottom right to follow the team.

Please support Paramount Motorsports sponsors by visiting their websites for more information.

Paramount Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors; <cite>[FONT=&quot]Black Rhino Performance[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]www.blackrhinoperformance.com, [/FONT]</cite>CPR Wraps - www.cprwraps.com, <cite>[FONT=&quot]Cross Mobile Detailing[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]www.osbornracing.net/cross.htm[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]Doetsch Tech[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]http://www.doetsch-shocks.com[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]DWT[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - www.dwtracing.com, [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]K & N Performance Filters[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - www.knfilters.com, [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]Kinder Academy[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - www.kinder-academy.com,[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]Papaian Enterprises[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - www.papaian.com, [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]Powder1[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]www.powder1.com[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]RacerX Motorsports[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - www.racerxms.com, [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]Rigid Industries[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] - www.rigidindustries.com., [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]SFI Designs[/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot] – www.sfidesign.com, [/FONT]</cite><cite>[FONT=&quot]UTV Underground - www.utvunderground.com

[/FONT]</cite><cite></cite>
For more information, please contact Papaian Enterprises, Marketing for Black Rhino/Paramount Motorsports at 951-805-1017 or email [email protected].

# # #

Attachments

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Great Job! We are seeing more and more of Black Rhino on the podium. Hopefully we will do the same at the Mint 400 this year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000