Yamaha BITD sr1 class build

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
rupert14,
What kind of speeds do you get out of those 2 different sprocket sizes? How is your low speed crawl in 1st with each of those? Are you also running a 12 gallon cell? Sorry for the barage of questions just trying to cover as many bases as possible to keep from doing everything twice. I'm sure I'll still screw up plenty.:rolleyes:
The 65 tooth does 98mph, the 55 does 105 but that was not redline, just how big my balls were that day. My cell is either 10 or 12 but I plan to fuel every 100 miles which is every third pit with BITD. Call if you have questions 928-848-4570

Can't wait to have another great car to race with

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
Lot's of really good info in this thread. I'm looking into building a couple SR1's one to race and one just to play with at the dunes. Keep up the good work, keep the updates coming.

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
SWEET. Good to see it on its wheels. I bet you guys are dying to get it up and running.

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
we hope to have it up and running in a few weeks. we still have the interior to do and the outer aluminum skin.

we built the car a little on the heavier side for protection and ruggedness. weve seen our share of broken cars that were takin out from something stupid. the owner wanted it a little heavier then what hes seen and use to driving other vehicles that were built super light. he wants the suspension to work instead of getting bucked around from not sinking into obsticles. we used roughly less the 13 sticks of DOM and at 1.77lbs per foot we have less then 420lbs in the cage. i kinda calculated everything out and it may be around 1600-1700 lbs wet.

we also wanted the protection from a well built cage from being punted by trucks, so we didnt have to cut back into it and replace stuff everytime a guy got pissed he was passed by a UTV...lol.

thanks for all your feed back guys, i really appreciate it. i build street trucks and cars, so getting into the utv market has it challanges and rewards too.

heres the light bar we finished up late last night after we fixed the RZRs ripped off a arm mount

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
heres what we started with for the steering column, a piece of tube, set of sealed roller bearings, 12 inches of splined steering shaft and a lathe.

almost finished, waiting on the owner to have him sit in it so it fits his driving style

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000