Yamaha BITD sr1 class build

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
i decided to move all the pics to this section now that theres a shop section

We are building the SxS from the ground up. We here at Sadistic Iron Werks have a slightly different approach to building a SxS. This one came to us as a bare frame. We removed almost everything mounted on the factory chassis, through it up on the jig, and extended it 13 inches.

check it out and let us know what ya think

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
thanks BigGuy. we try our hardest to build for our customers what we would want.

the control arm mounts have slots cut into them so we can slide 3/16 plate into them to tie the sides of the mounts together. we are also gonna plate the back sides of the mounts to tie in the mounts to the frame rails

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
thanks. i try

ya its a little heavier then a regular race sxs. the owner wants it slightly heavier so it forces the car into obsticles versus being a pinball. i had longevity in mind with the build and that TT using the sxs class as punting devices...lol

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I like the spherical balls on the front suspension.What are you doing for spindles and shocks?

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
did you have your spindle races machined yet, were having a batch made right now that are stock replacement with tapered bearings ..

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
your gonna make them to use tapered style bearing instead of the stock sealed roller bearings. the only things i would wonder about is sealing the bearings from sand and dirt, also the problem with keeping the preload. the spindles am building are gonna be a direct replace spindle. so if a bearing went out or hub parts are an easy swap out.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I see all the pics on the first page but its an outlined box with a little x on this page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000