BITD Parker 250 Photos

odtodd1az

Apr 30, 2009
Glendale AZ
Good Pics Mike. I really wish I could have gone. The car that I crew chiefed for and poured a bunch of blood into was there and I had no idea. It was the yellow RZR 1943. That is the car we won the 2008 SCORE championship in. It had been sold to a fellow down south somewhere. I hear he went 9th 43 minutes behind Jagged X. Looks like a good turn out!!

RZRS EDGE RACING

Sharp As A RZR - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
What a great race Mike. Hey we didnt see ya at the end how ya do? Hope I didnt trade to much paint with ya at that super tight corner :eek: would be sweet if your onboard cam picked that up. The car looked real good will post some race pics later today here are somr camp pics.

Attachments

RZRS EDGE BILL

Cuttin' Up The Desert! - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 24, 2009
Justin Schueler Jagged x, 1st place Polaris RZRS, Cory Sappington Desert Toyz, 2nd Place Yamaha Rhino, Mike Cook RZRS EDGE RACING, 3rd Place Polaris RZRS, Jerome Vinegro Stripping Shop, 4th Place, Polaris Rzr. I know that there where 7 total finishers out of 16 that started, I was a great event though Definatlely a ruff Course and for us in the 1912 It was anouther flawless day with only one pit stop for a splash of fuel. Thanks to everyone that showed up to the event it was awesome to see so many UTV's out there

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Parker was a great race, we started the race in the back of the pack in the fourteenth spot and were working our way to the front. I think by the time we made it to the midway pit we were in 5th place right on RZRs Edge bumper. That was an awesome turn at the end of the pits. I always forget how tight of a corner that is, then to put two cars in it side by side makes it even worse.
After we had gone through the corner and were headed back down our pit called us and told us to come back in we had something bent. It turned out when we almost rolled it earlier in Osborne wash catching one of the thousands of square edges wrong we came down with the whole weight of the car on the rear right wheel and bent it. So a quick change and we were back moving again.
The car was running awesome all day handling everything that Parker could throw at it. We were at mile 76 almost to the Parker Python when we noticed the motor starting to smoke. We pulled over and realized our day was done. We found a crack in the case that was letting the oil spew out.
It wasn't a great way to start the season but at least there is a throw out race this year!
We have a lot of great things planned for our car between now and the Silver State Race in April.

bigtom

Bigtom RZR's Edge Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 7, 2009
Hey Todd, yeah group from Arkansas was there with the old Iron city car, they finish, they were happy, guess they are gonna run whole series.

RZRS EDGE RACING

Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
What a great race we had with the number 3 finish. Mike L nice race that was some goood stuff . Also had some good action with the Riot that raced for about 1 1/2 miles of side x side action. Here are a few pics I have tring to make smaller I guess they dont want to post.

Attachments

bigtom

Dec 7, 2009
Looks like the RZR's from Peoria Az, are gonna be tough this year, 3 out of the top for positions. Looking forward to Silverstate race in April. Great job to everyone that showed up. Rzr's Edge is ready.

Reactions: 1 person

odtodd1az

Apr 30, 2009
Glendale AZ
Hey Todd, yeah group from Arkansas was there with the old Iron city car, they finish, they were happy, guess they are gonna run whole series.
The guy that owned the car in Flag sold itto those guys. We told them we would be willing to help them out.
Alot of memories good and bad come back seeing it.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Hey guys Jeff here from the 1929 RZR. All in all we had a pretty good weekend. We held on to third all the way to mid pit where we had to stop for fuel. Unfortinatly it took too long for us to get fuel in it and Cory Sapington got around us right as we were leaving and Perett was right on our ass. We were able to hang with Cory for a mile or two but the dust on the graded road was horrible so we had to back off a little so we could see. About a mile or two later Perett passed us on the graded road, our motor is bone stock so we dont have the top speed like some of the other guys. We held our position untill we came up on Perett pulled off the course and we regained 4th. We ran strong untill about mile 56 where we got a flat. This is where we lost 4 spots by our estimates at the time of the flat we had at least 5 min on 5th place. We stoped and changed the tire and continued. As we were running through the rock garden area I noticed a large rock with a lot of oil on it, turns out it was the rock that took out Lasher. We had to pit at main pit for tire change, co driver change and fuel and at that point I noticed we had a torn CV boot. We got back in and went about another 30 miles when we lost that axel. Since I carry a spare with me we stopped to replace it. After that we went the rest of the way and ended up 7th. Needless to say we had an awsome time and the track was great we loved every minute of it.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Here is a video from the in car camera at the race. It only recorded about the first 45 minutes of the race. Hope you enjoy it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gr-b6qg90"]YouTube - 2010 Best in the Desert Parker 250[/ame]

RZRS EDGE BILL

Cuttin' Up The Desert! - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 24, 2009
Great video mike. Thanks, wish we could of seen us rubbing in that turn at midway. Sorry to here about your motor. Will see you in Mesquite or KOH if you are there. Take care, Bill 1912

bigtom

Dec 7, 2009
Great video, sun sure did suck though, lol Looks like you were running strong. See you at silverstate.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
the 1937 rzr had a couple issues one was we hadn't raced for a couple of months. So we were like rookies all over again when it came to the dust.Were i mounted the parker pump was picking up exhaust fumes so we couldn't use it my mistake. So we got passed by a few guys but our goal was to make it to the end, so we backed off a little. The last car to pass us was the lasher car but there rear rim was destroyed so i new we would get that spot back. Which we did after midway. Then we caught cook it took along time to get bye but we finally did.Then finally clean air all the way to main pit. We got gas and checked over car and was off to the races. i think we were 4th or 5th so we just pushed on. When we got to mid way car felt a little low on power. Then the fast graded road came and we were about 10 miles an hour off last lap, and as soon as we finished that section kaboom. the muffler exploded, so i got out to make sure nothing else was destoyed and the muffler was glowing red. So i looked up and here comes cook so i jump in the car before i even put my helmet on there goes cook. So we just motor on to 4th place. When we got to the finish line the muffler melted our breather lines,air cleaner box,intake boots, wires to t-bar sensor,then started to boil the gas out of the fuel cell. i was glad to see that was the end of the race. I want to say thanks to jerome at action compation to get the car to the finish, its been a will since we finished a race legally hahahaha. thanks to our sponsors acs racing,full circle auto body,hpd racing,kroyer racing,neidhart stickers. We will finish every race no matter wat that is our goal this year.

RZRS EDGE RACING

Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Rito was good to see you guys out there glad to hear you are in for the rest of the year. Should be a good year. There was a lot of good old Side X Side action out there real clean driving all over sure is bad ass fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000