BITD Email to UTV Racers. Please Read and Respond ASAP

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Might want to watch your destination Polaris interview again. Ported polished head, cams, high compression Pistons sound familiar? Built by sparks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, $4500 build with the below and a few other parts and labor

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JoeyD23

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
So when you add rods, valves, valve guides, cams, timing chain tensioner, tune, and I'm sure labor to tear down and build a complete engine is somewhere around 1k you're close to 6k if not more? Correct me if I'm wrong. I've had engines built I know what they run.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Considering a good reflash and exhaust nets around 10 Hp. I would hope your getting at least 30hp with all that work or ya might want find a new engine builder.

At speed, I haven't had but one n/a car pass me in the desert, I am happy with my engine builder. That one car that passed me had same engine builder as i.

You can't get 10 hp out of a flash and exhaust on an otherwise stock xp1000.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
At speed, I haven't had but one n/a car pass me in the desert, I am happy with my engine builder. That one car that passed me had same engine builder as i.

You can't get 10 hp out of a flash and exhaust on an otherwise stock xp1000.

Just going off what yours saying a $4500 + labor for a high compression standard bore engine is just "bolt on's".

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
So when you add rods, valves, valve guides, cams, timing chain tensioner, tune, and I'm sure labor to tear down and build a complete engine is somewhere around 1k you're close to 6k if not more? Correct me if I'm wrong. I've had engines built I know what they run.
Maybe your engine builder is more expensive, I run stock cams, stock valve guides. Don't need to add rods to a stock bore build.
Tuner is in the package I posted. As you can see, the pictures I posted tally up to about $3500. Tensioner is $125 and labor and exhaust valves is around $850. Don't have to tear down the bottom end to change pistons.

It's just math.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Just going off what yours saying a $4500 + labor for a high compression standard bore engine is just "bolt on's".

Yes it's bolt ons. Don't need to get into the bottom end.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
If I could figure out how to post a video I would show the race between mine and a stock bitd xp1000
Johnny posted his video couple months ago of turbo against his stock xp1000 bitd car. Eighth mile drag race looked like a 5 car difference at least

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Johnny posted his video couple months ago of turbo against his stock xp1000 bitd car. Eighth mile drag race looked like a 5 car difference at least

That was a STOCK Rzr Turbo 2 seater, against a full on BITD 4 seat STOCK Rzr 1000. Lets compare apples to apples here.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Ok. Sure. This is why this class is going to crap.

The class is going to crap because an engine build is cheaper than some people are posting? I am not following you.

Obviously more money can be spent on an engine, can add rods and cams and even more. Not needed to build a reliable desert engine with 15% more power than stock.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
That was a STOCK Rzr Turbo 2 seater, against a full on BITD 4 seat STOCK Rzr 1000. Lets compare apples to apples here.
How can you compare apples to apples when one is a turbo? It will never be apples to apples. Sappington in his turbo flat kicked our ass at v2r, that thing came up on us fast and after he passed, was gone! We are lucky he broke.

Reactions: JoeyD23 and dmurray

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Also I've been blown away in my built Xp1000 by your Xp1000 and mine claims at least 15% more power than stock
Not all claims are equal I guess? You have to realize that there is many parts in between the power transmitted from the crank, to when the power reaches the ground... Clutches, clutch tuning, belt, trans, cvs and axles....

Look at the production 1000 class at Lucas oil, all stock power plants with only bolt on external mods. Cody Rahders has been winning championships for several years.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Not all claims are equal I guess? You have to realize that there is many parts in between the power transmitted from the crank, to when the power reaches the ground... Clutches, clutch tuning, belt, trans, cvs and axles....

Look at the production 1000 class at Lucas oil, all stock power plants with only bolt on external mods. Cody Rahders has been winning championships for several years.

I agree with you 100%

Cody is a great driver i have raced against him a few times in the past few months. There is more to winning championships than having a good car.

Basically i don't care what class I'm put into, but i would like to race against a large field of racers

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
If we did separate the classes i would be curious to see how many NA cars went to the turbo class to race against them. I have a feeling there would be quite a few

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000